Poll

Does the CM15 work on Windows 7?

Different drivers?
- 0 (0%)
What in the world is "heyu"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Updating computers  (Read 66647 times)

JoAnn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Updating computers
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

I had to go from XP to Win7. Had the original ActiveHome, so bought a CM15 interface to get the USB cable. Now the computer won't recognize my original 1.3 disk or my 1.4 update. I need help, but not very computer savvy! Miss my X10!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Updating computers
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:43:12 AM »

Active Home only works with the CM11A Serial Port Interface.
There is a link on the Active Home page of the X10 wiki. For Active Home VISTA. I believe it also worked with the CM15A as it is not the original Active Home Program. Though I have no experience with it.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome

The CM15A has to be used with Active Home Pro. So your original Active Home Disks would not be used.

There are a few threads here on installing Active Home Pro. As X10 Wireless Technologies went bankrupt and the new owners don't have the registration servers running yet. There are work arounds for the registration issues.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:59:03 AM by Brian H »

JoAnn

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »

I went to the thread to download the ActiveHome Pro and it worked. Tested my CM15 interface and told me it was working properly. Turned my light on and off with the first screen, but then stopped working. The timer didn't turn it on or off either. I tried the remote (with new batteries) and it doesn't work either.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »

Did you download Active Home VISTA or the unregistered copy of Active Home Pro?
If you are trying Active Home VISTA. I have no experience with it but I am sure others may have added information for you.

There are some threads on Tuicemen's Forums and here on getting Active Home Pro to run with out the registration process.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=67.0
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 06:17:31 AM by Brian H »

JoAnn

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

I used the unregistered copy of Active Home Pro. The window keeps coming up to register and I just keep closing it. Is there a work around for that? For the past 2 nights I have been watching the 10 o'clock news and at 10:15 my lamp goes off. I was SO excited. However, it still won't come on and my remote just won't work. I must be doing something wrong. Is it possible that the HR12A remote won't work with the new interface?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »

Since you moved up from a CM11A and Active Home. Good chance your LM465 Lamp Modules are before the Soft Start feature was added.
Do your LM465s go On and Off immediately or ramp On and Off at a about a three second time?
There are two Lamp Drop Down choices in AHP. Lamps is for the newer Soft Start dimmers and Older Lamps (No SoftStart)
If your LM465s are the older ones that do not ramp On and Off. Use the Older Lamps (No SoftStart) list or they will turn Off but not On.

For the HR12A. It should work with the CM15A Interfaces internal X10 RF Receiver. Unless it is out of receiving range.
Try Tools; Hardware Configuration.
Tranceived House Codes.
Make sure it is set to Auto.
Though sometimes you have to use Specific and pick the House Code you are using. I picked all of them as Auto didn't work for me.

I don't have much information on the registration message. There are others with more experience that should be able to add to your question.

JoAnn

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »

Brian: I haven't posted anything to you in a while, but have been reading, reading, and reading a lot of the portions of the forum on anything that could possibly help without bothering you all the time. I found one that suggested using a different outlet for the new CM15. Long story short - substituted an appliance module for the lamp module, and everything started working. Then, even though I had put new (supposedly) batteries in my remote, it still wouldn't work, so I replaced the batteries, again, and presto, it is working also.
Just one more thing that I haven't been able to solve. We had our furnace on the old X10, but I haven't been able to make it work. Does everything that works on Activehome Pro need a module to plug it into? My husband can't remember (medical reasons) how he set it up or if there is a module somewhere. If you say there is a module somewhere, guess I'll have to crawl the attic and find it. Would appreciate a reply. You have sure been a life saver.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »

There where some thermostats made by RCS that came in an X10 compatible version.
The TX16 and the older TX15. Both used an X10 TW523 or X10Pro PSC05 two way power line interface for X10 use.

Can you find a manufacturer and model number on the thermostat? That may help us in getting you some information.

There maybe other ways a furnace could be controlled. So knowing what you have would help.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:21:34 PM by Brian H »

JoAnn

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »

Here is all I can find about our thermostats: They are White-Rodgers. Inside the cover there are specs, amps-voltage-etc. and type:1F56W-444 -
LR27935
Class 2
We do have 2 of them, one under the other and the only thing I could find inside was one was stamped "9549 E7 1" and the other was "9549 E7 0" Which leads me to believe that they were probably bought as a set.
On our old computer/X10 the name of the module was Furn a16 and the house code was A11. We did some kind of macro that turned one thermostat on during the day, and turned the other one on during the night.
This isn't very much info, but it's all I've got.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:18 PM »

What you found is fine.

The thermostats are not X10 controllable. The A16 and A11 in the macro. Indicate they are controlling an X10 addressable module to switch which thermostat is controlling the furnace.

You may have to do some searching to find the X10 module or modules controlling the furnace. As I have a few different thoughts on what maybe in use.
If the furnace is in the basement. You may want to look there before crawling into the attic.

I did find the actual Installation & Users Manual for the 1F56W-444 thermostat.
I have attached it to this post.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:53:28 PM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »

You may have to do some searching to find the X10 module or modules controlling the furnace.

They may be inline modules, making them even harder to find. For example:
Also, there may be breakers or switches that turn them on/off.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:01:45 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

JoAnn

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 07:59:47 PM »

Our furnace is in the attic so asked our son to come up and search for a module. He found one (Magnavox lamp module - don't know why), but since we couldn't get our older X10 lamp module to work on our lamp, I didn't want to leave a lamp module up there. We had one more X10 appliance module left, so had our son put that in. The macros are certainly different in the AHpro than the older version. We had the macro turn on the top thermostat at 7:00am and turn off at 9:00pm. Then the lower thermostat would be on from 9:00pm to 7:00am. I will read what I can about macros and see if I can make it work without really messing up the whole program!! Guess who I'll ask if I can't get it to work?
Thanks for the specs  on our thermostats. Got them run out and in a special place.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 06:16:21 AM »

Magnavox Lamp Module. X10WTI did make OEM modules for Heathkit, Radio Shack, IBM and Magnavox. To name the ones I remember.
I wouldn't have thought of a Lamp Module.
Maybe it was being used to switch the thermostat connections with a hidden 120 volt AC relay.

I have never used it but Active Home Pro has a way to import the older Active Home programs. I also don't know if doing this made problems.

JoAnn

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »

I think you are 'spot on' when you started talking about a relay. That sounds exactly like what my husband would have done. Is it possible that the relay would be inside the module? Could you find out from this info?
Magnavox Lamp Module - Model LMT-101
120 vol AC 60Hz
300 watts max.
Indoor incandescent lamps only
No Appliances
By Philips Consumer Electronics Co.
We probably did buy it at Radio Shack
If it doesn't have a relay, would you tell me how to import the old X10 files from our old computer? And how to find them? I read a couple of items in the forum that people did import them, but had to change the extension or something.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »

To use an Active Home file Tab
Open
File Type Pick Active Home. Their files end in .X10
In the Help Tab, Contents,Setting Up Active Home,Getting Data From Previous Versions. Will give you more information.

No the Lamp Module will not have a relay in it.
Is there some wiring connected to its output outlet. That wire will lead to what it is controlling.
Pages: [1] 2 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.