Poll

Does the CM15 work on Windows 7?

Different drivers?
- 0 (0%)
What in the world is "heyu"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Updating computers  (Read 66649 times)

JoAnn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Updating computers
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 11:26:33 AM »

Sometime during the last month my virus software disappeared, had malware problems, couldn't use my old version macros (the extension on mine were .ahx not .x10) and sometime during all this, I was not able to get in to the actual AHpro program, so haven't even been able to change the time settings on my lamp. The window comes up and a message says: Error - File not found C:\program files (x86) ActiveHomePro\avcodes.x10. I finally tried to uninstall everything and start over. That didn't work for some reason. I still get that same error message. Maybe the uninstall didn't get everything? Any suggestions?
We did find a relay up by the furnace and the x10 module.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »

The avcodes.x10 is indeed a needed file.
Check the file location to be sure it is there.
The uninstall doesn't get rid of all AHP files and many have to be manually deleted.
This is the first I've seen of the avcodes file vanishing however a reinstall should have rewritten it.
If your virus software disappeared I'd get a different one, there are many free ones available.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JoAnn

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:15 AM »

The avcodes.x10 is there and is in the ActiveHome Pro directory. They never vanished. That was my virus protection that vanished and let all sorts of bad stuff in. I did install Avast and also Malwarebytes. Hopefully, after several full scans, that part is OK.
I'll try to uninstall again and then go thru manually to delete anything that seems to relate to x10. Will let you know!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 10:48:36 AM »

Some locations to look for that don't get uninstalled
C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro
C:\Program Files (x86)\AHSDK
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10
C:\ProgramData\Active Home Professional
C:\ProgramData\x10 settings
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JoAnn

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »

Thanks - that will help

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »

Sometime during the last month my virus software disappeared, had malware problems, couldn't use my old .............. Any suggestions?

Anytime your computer shows the signs of a malware download or a virus infection you might want to consider a "restore". The restore function allows you to revert to a prior date when you PC was trouble-free.

I always run a scan first (using my anti-virus software). Then I check my programs for "new" programs I never intended to download or install. Particularly... look for very recent installs.

Then [if needed] do a restore. Search for directions [if needed] for a restore for your Operating System (it's different on Vista than on win8). DO NOT download "helpful" fixes from the internet. Only restore as far back as needed. If your problems began today... a restore from last week or last month should work fine.   
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:30:16 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JoAnn

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »

It has helped that you told me several places to look for files that an 'uninstall' doesn't get rid of. However, under C:\program files (x86)\common files\x10\  there were 2 files that I couldn't delete: x10net.dll - application extension and x10nets - application. It stated that "the action can't be completed because the file is open in x10 Device Network Service" whatever that means.

Then under C:\profiles(x86)\common files\x10\home control:
6291.INS
6381.INS
etc., etc
AM14A
AM14.INS
etc., etc.
Guess I'm concerned that I'm going to delete things having to do with my new CM15 interface.
Should I get rid of all these?
I decided not to do a restore at this time since I don't know exactly when the computer was working correctly.
After I hear from you about these files, I'll try to download the unregistered version of x10 again and see what happens.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 05:41:40 PM »

x10 nets is a service and can only be deleted once it has been stopped this can be done in safe mode or you can go into services and stop it or disable it once done it can be deleted.
the cm15 uses these
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JoAnn

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 11:09:56 AM »

I cleaned out all the x10 files and folders that I could find and then reinstalled the unregistered AHP again. I have the same results, which I can't understand because the avcodes were also reinstalled with the program, but I am still getting the error message when I try to open AHP:  file not found - C:\program files (x86)\active home pro\avcodes.x10.

I don't like to give up, but I'm really tired of beating my head against a brick wall. Is there a way to purchase x10 on a disk that would over-ride any and all files that I currently have on the computer? Or do you do remote work? I still probably couldn't get my furnace to work right on it.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »

That is weird.
Is your PC windows a 64 bit or 32 bit version?
You can try the Marmitec (European) version  and see if you can get it to work.
If you can get it working there is a conversion tool to bring it to a North American version.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JoAnn

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 12:26:17 PM »

My computer is 64 bit.
I uninstalled the AHP again then installed the Marmatek version. It installed quickly, but I got the same results when I double clicked on the icon. However, I went to the directory where it was installed and didn't see anything called avcodes as previous AHP versions. But there was something called My Home. I double clicked on that and wonder of wonders, the proper window popped up and I actually could make time changes to my lamp. I downloaded that to the interface and it worked great. I went into the tools tab, "hardware configuration" and in the place where it says location, it said "Badalona, Spain" and the drop-down only had places in Europe. The time zone reads "mountain standard time" (which is correct for where I live) and the interface time is correct. So it seems to work.
I can't figure out how to tackle my furnace problem with my 2 thermostats, an appliance module and a relay, as I posted on Oct. 16. Is it possible to switch back and forth or do I need something special?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »

Is it possible to switch back and forth or do I need something special?
If you mean switching from the Marmitec to North American version  I think they would need to be in different directorys I haven't played around that way.
However I did make a conversion tool to convert the Marmitec version to a North American version
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »

Find the X10 Address of the module controlling the relay.
With it Off and see which one of the thermostats work
Turn it On and the other thermostat should then be working.
Then you can see if a scene or timer is controlling the X10 module connected to the relay.

JoAnn

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 07:22:27 PM »

Sorry, but I don't know how to find the X10 address of a module. Should I try to use the "conversion tool" to convert the Marmitec to a North American version first?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 06:09:57 AM »

The appliance module has two dials on it.
One is House Code the other is Unit code. You can look at the dials pointers and see whet it is set to.
I am not a software person. So another member can tell you if the other version of AHP should be loaded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.