Poll

Does the CM15 work on Windows 7?

Different drivers?
- 0 (0%)
What in the world is "heyu"
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Updating computers  (Read 66652 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Updating computers
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »

I would most definitely convert to the North American version.
Since you are unfamiliar with basic modules, it may be difficult to find a European module in AHP that works correctly.
With the North American version once you find the controlling modules you can easily find the correct corresponding one in the software.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

JoAnn

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »

I did convert to the North American version and it seems to work fine. Guess I'll give up on trying to make the furnace work on our 2 thermostats. I used the remote and the correct module address, but couldn't get anything to turn on or off or switch thermostats. I've either got a bad module or the relay isn't working. In any case, I can't fix either problem. I really do appreciate your help and at least I have one thing working.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:15 AM »

If you can't get things working as you want with the hardware you have, you could consider a different approach.  I have seen thermostats that have a remote option built in.  If you get such a thermostat, the second unit can be set up as a remote control that will connect directly to the first as is.  I didn't review the thread (read it a while back) so I might be forgetting something, but as I recall you have multiple heater strips that you want to link together with an appliance module.  Seems to me that if that doesn't work, using multiple thermostats that can talk to each other might work out for you.  I'll try to find a link to an example model.

JoAnn

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

Thank you. Would appreciate that.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

My quick search found several options for remote sensors, but limited options for remote thermostats.  The most promising I think is the Honeywell slave units.  These are designed for use with floor heating but might work for you.  They basically are designed to make it possible to control more than 15A of floor heating with a single thermostat by controlling a slave unit.  That might work since I assume these are relay control.  I think if you look for "slave thermostat" you should be able to find something.  If you don't find what you need on your own, I'd recommend emailing the manufacturer (e.g., Honeywell) directly as I've had good luck with them being responsive.  Or, you could find one of the many forums dedicated to heating.  I found a community associated with NEST during my 5 minute search.  Unfortunately, the thread I found indicated that NEST could not work with slave thermostats currently.

https://customer.honeywell.com/en-US/Pages/category.aspx?cat=HonECC%20Catalog&category=Master%2fSlave+System++Units&catpath=1.2.1.1.67

If the link doesn't work:
Home > Residential > Thermostats > Programmable > Master/Slave System Units

I did a quick review of the thread and it looks like you have an appliance module controlling a furnace and need to turn it on/off by a thermostat elsewhere.  If that's the case, then these master/slave units would probably work as long as the furnace in question doesn't pull more than the allowable current.  Typically a whole house furnace would pull well over 15A, so if this is a whole house unit it wouldn't work.  If it's a unit for a single room, then it might.  Sorry, that's the best advice I can come up with.

JoAnn

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »

After 2 weeks with the flu.....
Guess I'll try to find a programmable thermostat or figure out a slave unit then.
You have all tried to be very helpful and I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.