Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Authinx (x10) progress.  (Read 37656 times)

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Authinx (x10) progress.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »

Thanks for the update.
Have you seen this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vspc/ ?
I didn't look at it closely (or try to install it), but it claims to be able to convert VS 2002 projects to newer versions.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »

Thanks for the update.
Have you seen this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vspc/ ?
I didn't look at it closely (or try to install it), but it claims to be able to convert VS 2002 projects to newer versions.
I hadn't see this though I haven't spent much time looking into things.
I'll pass this info on to the developer working on the code.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:11:00 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dla114

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »

Thanks for the updates.  I've been using Active Home Pro for years and have kept it alive by dual booting when I updated to Windows 7 (keeping XP alive primarily for X10).  Will be interested when I can either move it to Windows 7 or update to a new program and Interface device.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »

You can now move it to a new windows Machine/new hard drive.
See
AHP Lifejacket
I continue to simplify this and it may become a universal registration app with approval.
For additional info see: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »

While in contact with Authinx and discussing the release of AHP Lifejacket with the needed registration info the owner shared some  additional info.
He had been on a trip to China and had extensive talks with the manufacturing side.

He expressed to them that they are not the old company and the quality that was once acceptable for X10WTI isn't going to cut it for them.
2015 will see better Quality devices many if not all are getting new inner components.
I expressed that these should also receive a new model number so end user know which version they have.
The owner express his concern with users x10 signal reliability issues and this will be addressed with some new products as well.
The newly improved RF repeater was just the beginning.

He also shared some info about the WI-FI module which I'll share in that thread.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:28:42 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tony Olson

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »

So when can I reinstall the AHP software (CM151A) and not worry if its an old or new machine install and put in the appropriate registration etc?

Thanks...
Tony

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 12:14:24 PM »

If you mean use the x10 server and it comes back registered to you then that is unlikely to ever happen.
The new company has no records (personal info) of registered users.
The AHP code is all over the place (different PC/servers)
They are still looking at resurrecting AHP and building a version that doesn't require registration.
They may also create a server that will return a universal registration for AHP and the plugins, like AHP Lifejacket does.
However I would have thought this would have been done this already.

It should be noted that although I don't recommend AHP Lifejacket be used on older PCs, it will work on them.
However it won't work on anything older then XP SP3 as net framework 4 is required.
I have build in a way to revert the Drive ID back as to not affect other programs and still have AHP remain registered.
Also no special computer skills are needed unless you have additional plugins you wish to register.
Any questions on AHP Lifejacket should be asked Here:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28994.msg162407#msg162407
or on my forum here:
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.msg4757#msg4757
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tony Olson

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »

Thanks Tuiceman...

I'll look into AHP Lifejacket. I want my Macros back  :D

I just saw my status became Full Member  :' It only took me from 2004 or so  >!

Tony
Tony

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »

Authinx has some new modules set to be released as well as some improvements to older modules.
 A recent chat with the owner revealed some good news.

A new HD outdoor camera is in the works
Authinx is considering making a second version of the wi-fi module even thought the first version is still as of now not on the market.(more on this in that thread)
A PLC repeater similar to the RF repeater is very close to being released .
All new inventory modules will include AGc for improved PLC, this includes the PLC repeater and Wi-Fi module.
They are working on solving noise issues with a module that is different then a filter. (module name/# escapes me)
They are absorbing  the cost of most of the enhancements if less then a dollar, though some things may see a dollar or two price increase.
All new modules and rebuild of modules are build to a higher quality standard, Now that the manufacture understands that the meaning of better is different to Authinx then X10 WTI. >!

Many specific modules were talked about but no word on servers, AHP or the CM15A however I'll see if anything is happening on that front in future communications.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:30:47 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »

Latest email with the owner revealed:
 The plan is to move towards the quieter relays and more improved internals on the pro line modules as well as AGC.
If costs come down the lower line will get improvements like AGC as well.
The PAT01 is being reworked (PAT03) with the main difference being this will get a signal booster
They wish to rebuild the AHP software however since they plan this to be a freebie cost seems to be a factor here.
They are looking for a developer they can work with

What this means:
Having tested some newer modules with both AGS and quieter relays verses older modules there is a big reliability difference.
1: My WAF has jumped considerably with these so yours most likely will as well.
2: Modules work better in noisy environments
3: The loud clicking relay that we all hate but have grown to ignore will be gone
These if similar to the XPS4 are so quiet you need to be right next to them to hear the switching.
4: I wouldn't expect to see AHP or all the plugins to work the way they did with X10 WTI as running a server for free software would be silly.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 05:23:13 PM »

My unsolicited inputs:
1. X10 and X10 Pro no longer makes sense. Too many unfamiliar people, interested in, but unfamiliar with home automation  (the ones that X10 should try and attack to expand market) don't understand the differentiation. Sears no longer has the "Good, Better, Best" quality divisions (actually no-one does to my knowledge) . If X10 wants to compete with the likes of Insteon or Z-Wave, they should go for "Best" across the board.

2. Also to compete, they should consider resurrecting "two-way" modules so control systems always know any module status.

3. Look at making AHP an open software for unrestricted development. Market and profit off the hardware and open source the software.
FWIW
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »

Since we're giving unsolicited opinions, I'll note that I especially agree with Dave W on his #2.  And while you're sticking transmitters in those modules, we'd like wall switches that send their current X10 ON/OFF/dim level state when locally toggled like Smarthome's used to, please.  (Well, not exactly like those; please use the Extended Dim spec and not the deprecated/abandoned Preset Dim.)  Also, if the 2-way lamp/appliance modules could send their ON state when local control is activated, that'd be peachy.  And maybe a switch to disable local control when it causes false triggers.

And this may not be a popular request, but once things have stabilized a bit, the product I'd personally like to see more than anything is an improved Universal Module.  My wish list for that:
  • Quiet relay.
  • Add a normally closed contact.
  • More than one set of contacts.  (Maybe 2, with an option to use a second X10 unit code to address the second set of contacts or just one unit code to address both.)
  • Variable momentary delay: 0.1 to 60 seconds.
  • Variable number of pulses for momentary operation or a programmable sequence.  (I recently needed two <0.2-second pulses separated by <0.5 seconds.  X10 PLC protocol makes that really difficult.)  Imagine what I could control with that!
I know I'm asking for a lot, but really, just implement any one item from the list and I'll be ecstatic!

Also, the PowerFlash is okay, but I don't use them because they don't follow the line access sequence for collision avoidance or detection.  Add that and I'll use 'em everywhere.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:21:59 PM by toasterking »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.