Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Command from XPT not received by XPS3 on same circuit  (Read 10037 times)

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
Re: Command from XPT not received by XPS3 on same circuit
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 09:48:53 PM »

And, while some X10 Pro devices have been recently redesigned [...] they are still years behind current state-of-the art.

But I'm cool with that.  People are sometimes impressed with my setup and ask me how it works.  It's fun to see the puzzled look on their faces when I tell them it's 1970s technology.   :D

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:50 PM »

My suggestion would be to change the load on the XPS3 to incandescent and see if it works then.

Dave W, I tried that halfway:  I disconnected the fluorescent load and tried it again.  No change.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Yeah, it was just a shot in the dark, but you definately have a head scratcher problem. I hope you can fix it just so we will know what the problem is.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

toasterking

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »

As much as I'd like to know what's really going on here, I just put a Band-Aid on it for now.  Since it responds to my CM11A (now XTB-232) just fine, I just created macros in AHP for now to simply repeat the appropriate codes when received from the XPT.  Now it "responds" to my keypresses on the keypad after a short delay, which works well enough for now.  When I find an actual solution, I'll be sure to post it here.

toasterking

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »

The XPS3 eventually stopped responding to commands completely and I replaced it with a Haibrain AW12 modified for US operation as per my thread on the subject:
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=29540.0
The AW12 is smaller, quieter, and already had leads to connect my momentary switch.  It's been installed now for several months and no problems so far.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 02:40:35 PM »

In reviewing the thread I noticed you opined that Insteon devices seemed to be signal suckers. I must have missed it at the time. Any PLC transmitter will be a signal sucker unless it disconnects the transmission circuitry when not in use. Insteon deals with this by having all of their devices repeat all Insteon PLC signals but they do not repeat X10 and their 131.5kHz is close enough to X10's 120kHz to take a bite as it passes.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

toasterking

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »

Any PLC transmitter will be a signal sucker unless it disconnects the transmission circuitry when not in use.
Yep, and I should note further that Insteon modules are not the only offenders.  Any of X10's own 2-way X10 modules and ACT's A10 modules (which are all 2-way) are signal suckers as well.  The counterintuitive twist of irony here is that adding 2-way communication for better reliability degrades the signal and can cause reliability to suffer!  :)
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.