Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Registering AHP on a new PC  (Read 47409 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Registering AHP on a new PC
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:01:52 PM »

If you have a registered copy of AHP on any PC it is possible to fool a new AHP install on a new PC into thinking it is on the old PC thus being registered.
This was first reported on my forum.
Since then I have narrowed down the process so once you install using the version available Here you only need to do a few things.

Here's what you will need from the old PC with the registered copy of AHP.
1: The volume Id (this can be found by typing in vol from the command prompt)
2: The ah_plugin.xml and your AHX files from the AHP folder
3: The x10prod.sys from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common folder

Note: Everyone with a working registered copy should make a backup copy of these now!

I don't suggest this for anything other then a new PC as  changing the volume ID could cause other registered programs to stop working.

On your new PC with AHP installed and logged on as administer
  • close AHP
  • Stop X10 nets
  • change the volume ID to what was on the old PC use VoumeID available Free from Microsoft (it is the only tool I found to work on Windows 8.1)
  • delete the ah_plugin.xml from the AHP folder and replace with the old copy do not attempt a overwrite
  • delete the x10prod.sys  from the  C:\.....\Common Files\X10\Common folder and replace with the old copy do not attempt a over write
  • restart your PC to be sure the volume id was successfully changed if not try to change it again do not open AHP
  • With the drive ID change successful you can open AHP and it should report all your plug-ins as registered
I will attempt to create a tool to make this process simple for users uncomfortable deleting files and using the command prompt as the VolumeID tool needs to be run from there too.
I'm also working on a tool for anyone without a registered copy of AHP as well as a few other options posted on my forum.
 >!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:06:12 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
Re: Registering AHP on a new PC
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 11:21:21 AM »

I have a tool created and is currently only for use to users with the needed info.
I'm currently testing.
The next version will have the files and needed info for those without the info.
What Plugins will become registered depends on what registration info I gather.
Info on the Tool can be found here. AHP Registration tool
 >!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:31:50 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:20 PM »

The tool is Now available for testing to my forum members only anyone that requests it.
After testing I'll post a direct link.
 >!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:32:55 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
My AHP lives!!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

Here is a list of plugins I've been able successfully register on a new PC along with AHP:
  • SmartMacros (for conditional macros)
  • iWatchout (for Cameras)
  • OnAlert (for security module interfacing)
  • MyHouse Online(networking(although with X10 servers down this is obsolete)
  • ActivePhone (for cell phone connecting )
  • OnAlertMobile (Security monitoring form a cell phone)
  • iwatchmobile
  • iWatchMobile Pro (viewing cameras from your phone)
  • ActivePhone Pro
  • MyGarage
  • MyGarage Pro

These are Plugins I've yet to be able to test with the tool:
  • iWatchMobile
  • MyGarage
  • MyGarage Pro
  • HotBodyMobile
  • ActivePhone Pro
If anyone with the plugins that I haven't tested would like to help ensure the tool works with these please let me know.
If you have tested the tool and it does show these as registered please post so others will see it works with them and for you as well!

Note: Extra steps need to be performed to register ActivePhone and aren't (as yet) are now written into the tool.
 >!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 08:25:37 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dave Mc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »

I really appreciate all of the work you are doing on this.  I have a registered AHP and Smart Macros on an old XP compute.  I also have a new Win 8.1 computer that I bought a few months ago.  However I don't want to take the chance of messing up existing programs on my new computer.  At this time I am going to make copies of the files that you suggested in case my old XP computer fails.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:38:02 PM by Dave Mc »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »

Thanks Dave,
I wouldn't suggest you mess with successfully registered AHP machines.
However Drive IDs can always be changed back to what they were prior.

At this time I am going to make copies of the files that you suggested in case my old XP computer fails.
I highly recommending every one to do this!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dave Mc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »

I was not able to locate item 3 on your list:  The x10prod.sys from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\X10\Common folder

I found the Common folder under X10 but x10prod.sys was not there.  I then did a search of the C drive then My Computer but still nothing.  I have AHP Version 3.318.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »

it is a hidden system file.
you need to enable seeing hidden system files.
you'll then find it.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »

I just moved into my forever home and want to return to using my x10 equipment. I am looking for a registered copy since I no longer have mine for quite some time.

All my modules are installed and I have Tuicemen's 3.318, Marmitek 3.316 and AHV installed.

I have issues with pop up diaglog windows not showing properly. Can someone please send me some info to get me back up to full speed with 3.318.

Thank you in advance.

stantonovitch

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »

Thanks Tuiceman.  I've been contemplating different options since I rebuilt my computer with a SSD and Windows 8, which is now Windows 10.  With 3.318, AHP was and is working with my old settings, but I am really missing ActivePhone.

Unfortunately I found all your info about reinstalling AHP on a new computer after I completed my new computer installs, so I didn't want to change the drive ID.  The old drive is still in the computer so I just tried reinstalling 3.318 to a directory on that original drive (but not in Program Files just to keep the new install as separate as possible), and deleted/copied the special files listed above from my original set.

AHP starts and shows as registered to me by name, and the ActivePhone icon lights up (but in Red - I don't remember it being red).  When I go to the Plug-ins menu, ActivePhone PRO offers a new choice of "Invite a Cell Phone", so it looks like it's working.  The dialog box shows my same unique ID (http://iw.x10.com/ahppro?Xid=<my unique ID>), but when I try to access it from either my computer browser or my phone, I get "500 Error - XServer: Invalid parameters".  So close...

Any idea whether the problem is on the server side or my installation?  Any other tips?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 08:44:25 PM »

Can you access using the wifi address?
Active Phone requires a registry entry did you add it?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stantonovitch

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »

The wifi address shows the same error, so it is on my end.

I must have missed the needed registry entry.  I searched through the old and new registries for references to ActivePhone and I'm not seeing an obvious difference.  Do you know what I should add, or where to search for it?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 08:15:37 AM »

The line needed is mentioned in the AHP_Lifejacket thread and depends on if your running 32 or 64 bit as to where to locate it. However since it does comeback as registered I suspect it may be something else.
If you just installed AHP 3.318 you are most likely missing the server files and folders in the x10\common folder.
Lifejacket writes these.
If your running 64 bit look for folders  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\Common\WebApps and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\Common\art
There should be several files in each.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

stantonovitch

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 09:53:25 AM »

The line needed is mentioned in the AHP_Lifejacket thread and depends on if your running 32 or 64 bit as to where to locate it. However since it does comeback as registered I suspect it may be something else.
If you just installed AHP 3.318 you are most likely missing the server files and folders in the x10\common folder.
Lifejacket writes these.
If your running 64 bit look for folders  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\Common\WebApps and C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\Common\art
There should be several files in each.
You rock!  I did a bunch of searching several months ago and determined that I wanted to maintain my configuration and licenses before trying Lifejacket.  I didn't realize Lifejacket had improved, otherwise I probably would not have been needing this help.

I have 64 bit, added the registry entry, and copied the files from the directories you indicated.  ActivePhone works now!

When starting AHP, I get the registration page again now, confirming my AHP registration, but prompting me for the ActivePhone registration ID.  I entered it, but as expected it immediately failed.  However, once in the AHP everything works, and I can control stuff from the phone again.

Happy Camper here.  Thanks for being there!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 10:03:29 AM »

Happy to hear your AHP is working for you now!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.