🖥️ActiveHome Pro > Third Party Add-Ons & Software

AHP Lifejacket

(1/20) > >>

Tuicemen:
Since X10WTI went under and Microsoft stopped supporting XP many of us have been wondering how to get AHP and our plugins moved and working to a new PC.

I could have had this little tool ready sooner but I wanted to make sure it worked for others.

AHP Lifejacket will unlock most plugins and AHP but I can't guarantee that those which require a x10 server will work.
This only will register your AHP if you already have a registered AHP working on another PC.
See the enclosed readme for the info you will require from that PC.

This tool should be in every ones tool kit even if X10 servers do come back online.
This tool is still not 100% successful for all plugins as yet however I continue to work on this.
I have ran this on a number of different windows installs (32 & 64 bit) and have been told it even works on a XP machine.

Warning: This tool is for new systems without any existing registered programs installed
Attempting to use this on a older system could result in other programs becoming unregistered.
A PC ID revert after lifejacket has completed and AHP is registered will be require in those instances.
 >!

Tuicemen:
Although the read me does explain the steps sometimes a picture helps.
You need to make sure AHP isn't running or this tool won't work correctly and AHP will remain unregistered.
it is probably best to do this right after a reboot to be sure you haven't ran AHP and it isn't holding on to any resources.
Find the required file and place it in the folder that AHP Lifejacket is in.
Right click on AHP Lifejacket and select "run as administrator"
Follow the steps in the attachment.

Tuicemen:
I realize not everyone is skilled at finding files and editing them so I continue to work on this to make as simple to use as possible.
Some Plugins need a registry key written and so far I have identified one (ActivePhone).
The next release of this will include and do that for you.

For those that don't have a registered copy of AHP or any plugins:
I continue to push X10 for ways to register for you.
I have submitted a copy of this to them to show I can unlock an unregistered AHP and plugins.
Perhaps they will endorse the use of this with a universal ID and registration file until they have something better in place. ;)

Anyone can view my progress on this tool Here: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.msg4577#msg4577

>!

Tuicemen:
For those who need to keep the drive ID as is!
It is possible to change the drive ID back and still keep AHP registered.
See the link to the thread on my site:
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.msg4658#msg4658
 >!

Tuicemen:
There have been a few reports of this not working on XP or Vista.
However there are more successful reports then failures.
It is possible that a step was missed for the failed attempts so I'm attempting to make the tool more fool proof.
This may result in more message popups which will slow the process but should result in fewer failed attempt reports.
 >!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version