Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: AHP Lifejacket  (Read 136953 times)

MichDVC

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AHP Lifejacket
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 04:58:29 PM »

No, I didn't do that.  Don't remember seeing that in the instructions, but I'll copy it to the AHP LifeJacket folder and run the program again.  I still have access to the old laptop and drive with AHP.  Are there any other files I need to copy?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:28 AM »

Nope just the x10product.sys and old drive ID and  that is only required to get AHP and plugins registered to you.

The X10product.sys file and Drive ID in AHP-Lifejacket is what is registered to me.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichDVC

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2017, 05:43:02 PM »

So, I added the x10prod.sys file from my old laptop and it worked, partially. What I didn't remember was that I had only registered AHP and SM so I'm still getting pinged for license/registration for OnAlert, iWatchOut, and MyHouse Online, as well as the "Error Saving File" warning.  The other plug-ins were not registered on that machine, but I think I have an older one that might have all of them registered.  Is there anyway to remove those other plugins from AHP so I don't have to continue to track down an old registration? And is the "Error Saving File" warning just related to not having those plugins registered?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2017, 05:55:06 PM »

In the AHP folder look for the ahp_plugin.xml file open it with notepad so you can edit it.
delete the lines ending with the description of the plugin you don't wish to use.
your file should look like this when done:
Code: [Select]
<xml>
<plugin id="AHXAMO" href="ahp.dll" desc="Smartmacros plugin"/>
</xml>

The error saving file may be due to where AHP is installed and or permissions.
Try running it as administrator or saving the file to a different location.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichDVC

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2017, 03:00:37 PM »

Wonderful! The last bit of direction has solved the issues of nagging registration at startup, at least for the previous install on my old laptop. Thx for your help with that.

A couple of follow-up questions have come to mind because I know that when I originally purchased AHP, those plugins were included but I didn't install them on my previous laptop because I wasn't using them.  How would I go about getting those modules/plugins to work if in the future I decide I'd like to add video, security, etc. in the future and get them registered to me? Are those plugins still relevant, and is there still products on the market that could use these modules?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2017, 03:08:53 PM »

If you never registered those plugins there is no way to install them and have them register to you currently.
X10 WTI was forced to purge there registration server info due to privacy issues when it went belly up.
Even if Authinx was able to get a registration server setup all old registrations wouldn't work as they have no user info.
The only plugin that isn't viable is the my house one as it requires a x10 server.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichDVC

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 12:14:31 AM »

Well, I guess that means that I'll have to go back into my older machine where I'm fairly certain that I had registered the OnAlert, iWatchOut, and MyHouse Online plugins and copy that x10prod.sys file and VolumeID.  Are any of the other plugins worth looking for, such as My Garage, HotBody, or any of the mobile plugins?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 06:10:10 AM »

I suspect you didn't mention Smart Macros but you did have it installed.

Any of the other plugins that go thorough the Old X10WTI servers will not work. Even if they where registered at onetime.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:23:55 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 06:57:38 AM »

Any of the other plugins that go thorough the Old X10WTI servers will not work. Even if they where registered at onetime.
Actually the only plugin that is truly dead is My House, the mobile plugins I'm told still work  I know the ActiveHome phone and phone pro still work. Perhaps the fact they can use Wi-Fi helps.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »

Thanks for the information.
I thought more of the plugins where dead.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »

When Authinix first took over that was the case as all servers were down thought I believe the phone plugins worked but only in Wi-Fi mode I believe they work in both modes now (at least last time I tested they did)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichDVC

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »

Now that I've gotten AHP working successfully on Win10 computer without any registration issues, I've noticed that the activity log is not being updated/capturing any activity from timers and macros unless AHP program is open when it occurs, or when I manually switch on/off modules and devices.  Is here any fix out there to address this? Is it just a permissions issue with CM15A and X10/AHP?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »

Windows 10 security features play havoc with old 32 bit programs like AHP.
Many issues can be solve by moving AHP outside of the Program Files (x86) folder. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

MichDVC

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 07:27:03 PM »

I can appreciate that. Seems like there's a lot of security issues with Win10.  Can I just move the folder to Program Files folder? Are there any others that I'd need to move, or should I reinstall AHP and make sure it installs in Program Files folder?  What about the X10 folder under "Common Files"? Should that be moved also?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 07:03:38 AM »

Simply moving AHP will work however you'll need to tell AHP the new location of the ahx file is as it will be looking for it in the old AHP location.
I've had success just moving AHP others needed to reinstall.
Only the Activehome pro folder needs to be moved to solve most issues.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.