Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: AHP Lifejacket  (Read 136951 times)

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: AHP Lifejacket
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »

So simple a simpleton could figure it out...and yet, here I come ;)

I'm sure this is in the instructions and I missed it, but thank you VERY much for your patience!!!  Everything is registered and back to normal.

Thank you....AGAIN!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2018, 07:04:22 PM »

It really is a simple and easy to use program, unfortunately security issues make things seem harder then they are.
Glad your back up and running 2018 looks to be a good year for HA!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Geewiz

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2018, 07:56:13 PM »

I know this isn't the right place for this, but since I have your attention.. I'm now trying to reinstall Alex10. 

Windows 10 is prohibiting me from downloading the file... it says there is a trojan.  I turned off Windows defender (or thought I did) and get....

Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software.

I've tried running the installation using adminstrator mode, but nothing seems to help.

Any guidance, again, GREATLY appreciated!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2018, 05:50:42 AM »

I believe the virus warning is related to the HA-Bridge since it is a java base program which uses scripts it can be very harmful if not secured.
Alex10 also can use scripts(batch files) As well as create them though I've moved away from that for the most part.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

edjal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2019, 12:06:22 PM »

Although the read me does explain the steps sometimes a picture helps.
You need to make sure AHP isn't running or this tool won't work correctly and AHP will remain unregistered.
it is probably best to do this right after a reboot to be sure you haven't ran AHP and it isn't holding on to any resources.
Find the required file and place it in the folder that AHP Lifejacket is in.
Right click on AHP Lifejacket and select "run as administrator"
Follow the steps in the attachment.

jclarkw

« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »

I could have had this little tool ready sooner but I wanted to make sure it worked for others.

If this thread is still active, I'd appreciate some catch-up on AHP Lifejacket (or whatever has replaced it by now).

I have found copies of "ahp_lifejacket_setup.exe" (vs. 1.0.1.3), "AHP_3.318 from X10 Sales.exe", "Unregistered_AHP from Tuicemen.exe" (vs. 3.318), and "unwise32.zip" (not even sure this is related) on my old Windows 7 SP1 computer, all dating from November 2015.  From this I somehow created a working version of AHP on this machine.  (Over the last 4.4 years, however, I've completely forgotten how.  This thread is all else I can find.)

Now I have a new Windows 10 Pro (1909) machine on which I need to install AHP.  (No plug-ins at all, just vanilla AHP that runs as through registered and will work with my two CM15A units.)  I have the following questions:

1) Are there newer versions of any of this software that would make the job more foolproof?

2) Does all of this work on Win10  (preferably, after installation, while running from a Standard User account)?

3) Most importantly, are there now step-by-step instructions how to install AHP and successfully modify it without repeating all the old mistakes?

Thanks in advance! -- jclarkw

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »

1:There are no newer versions of AHP or lifejacket.
2: yes it works on a windows 10 32 and 64 bit however it's s best to run AHP out side of the program files folders as windows new security protocols mess with AHP if in those folders best to move the AHP folder to just C:\ AHP
3: I doubt it. I've moved to running my HA setup to a $5 raspberry pi zeroW board with the PiX10Hub software suite (HomeGenie, HA-Bridge) & a CM15. It does every thing AHP could plus so much more.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »

...I've moved to running my HA setup to a $5 raspberry pi zeroW board with the PiX10Hub software suite (HomeGenie, HA-Bridge) & a CM15. It does every thing AHP could plus so much more.

Thanks, Tuicemen, for the update. -- jclarkw

jclarkw

« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2020, 06:32:55 PM »

1:There are no newer versions of AHP or lifejacket.
2: yes it works on a windows 10 32 and 64 bit however it's s best to run AHP out side of the program files folders as windows new security protocols mess with AHP if in those folders best to move the AHP folder to just C:\ AHP
3: I doubt it. I've moved to running my HA setup to a $5 raspberry pi zeroW board with the PiX10Hub software suite (HomeGenie, HA-Bridge) & a CM15. It does every thing AHP could plus so much more.

I'm trying to avoid the problems I had last time I ran AHP Lifejacket (version 1.0.1.3 on a Win7 SP1 machine).  Two questions before I try to run it on my brand new Win10Pro (1909) machine, which has solid-state drives and UEFI boot (among other significant differences):

A)  In my msg164708 on this thread I wrote:

>>I installed AHP 3.318 from the X10 Web site (seemed to go OK; was able to turn modules on and off) and then AHP Lifejacket 1.0.1.3 from this thread.  I tried to follow the instructions in the Help screen from Lifejacket:
1) I succeeded in changing the volume serial number and, apparently, in registering AHP.  Then I restarted.
2) I ran AHP -- no nag screen -- and then Lifejacket (as administrator) and attempted to revert the volume S/N.  This is where I ran into trouble.  When I clicked StopX10nets, it gave me the message, "Cannot open X10nets service on this computer" (at least I think that's what prompted the message).  StartX10nets, however, told me that it's already running, which indeed agrees with Services.<<

I know I was/am supposed to run Lifejacket "as administrator" (I think I did), but was I supposed to restart the computer after the first set of steps, then run AHP and re-run Lifejacket (as administrator), or was I supposed to just forge ahead and revert the drive ID, then restart after both sets were completed?

B) The only link in this old thread that still seems to work is the first one (http://tuicemen.net/downloads/FreeStuff/AHP_Lifejacket_Setup.exe), which now downloads version 1.0.1.4.  But this version doesn't seem ever to be mentioned here.  I assume I should use it instead of 1.0.1.3 this time around, but can you tell us what are the main differences?

Best Regards -- jclarkw

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2020, 07:46:08 AM »

I believe the differences were just spelling in the help/about section.
It has been five years since I've ran/used lifejacket If I remember getting sdd drive ids had to be done in safemode and lifejacket had to be run from there.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »

...It has been five years since I've ran/used lifejacket...

Question (A) again:  Do you remember if two restarts are necessary or just one?

From the previous post,
>>...was I supposed to restart the computer after the first set of steps [1-5 to change ID and registration], then run AHP and re-run Lifejacket (as administrator), or was I supposed to just forge ahead and revert the drive ID [the second set of steps 1-7], then restart after both sets were completed?<<

Maybe these readme instructions (from vs. 1.0.1.3) will jog your memory on this question:

>>Steps to register ActiveHome Pro (AHP):
With AHP closed (not running)
1: Stop x10nets the change ID button will become available
2: Press the change id button
3: Select Plugins you wish to install and register
4: Press write AHP registration files
5: Restart the PC

After the tool has been run a restart of the PC will be needed.
When AHP starts all Plugins you previously had installed will apear as registered.
The tool configures the ahp_plugin.xml for all the plugins you select.
if these were registered there will be no registration nag at AHP start up.
Note : Tool will not currently register all plugins, Unless you supply your own drive ID and X10prod.sys file
(Only Smartmacros, Onalert, MyHouse Online and iWatchout can be registered with the included info)

Steps to revert Drive ID back, keeping AHP registered:
1: Open AHP and leave open
2: Select Revert to old Dirve ID, the drive ID# in text box should change being diferent then displayed at top
3:Stop X10nets, the change ID button will become useable
4: Press the Change ID button
5: Press Start x10nets
6: Close AHP
7: Reboot PC<<

Sorry to keep pestering you about this.  I'm having the same memory problem at my end. -- jclarkw

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2020, 12:47:19 PM »

If you intend on reverting then yes 2 restarts are required. A restart is required each time you change the Drive Id. Unless
.you have other software registered that uses the drive Id as part of tegistration there is no need to tevert to the old drive Id.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »

If you intend on reverting then yes 2 restarts are required. A restart is required each time you change the Drive Id. Unless
.you have other software registered that uses the drive Id as part of tegistration there is no need to tevert to the old drive Id.

Well, I followed the first set of steps [change volume id and register], at first outside of safe mode to see if it would work on my Windows 10 Pro machine with SDDs.  (I unchecked all the plug-ins, as I don't use any of them.)  Lifejacket 1.0.1.4 apparently changed the volume id (according to Command Prompt/Vol), but it did not register AHP.

One potentially fatal glitch was the following exception, which was thrown when I clicked the "Write AHP Register Files" button on Lifejacket:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the application will ignore this errpr and attempt to continue...
"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\program files\ActiveHome pro\ahp_plugin.xml'."

I clicked Continue to allow the application to complete, which the above-mentioned results.  This error is disturbing, however, for two reasons:
1) I did not select any plugins.
2) You previously warned me to install AHP in C:\, not in C:\Program Files (x86).

I tried the same process again leaving the pre-checked plugins checked, but it didn't make any difference.  (Now that I've run Lifejacket several times, now I'm wondering if it remembers the original volume id...  And I forgot to mention that, clicking Continue on the error message didn't result in any apparent action except closing the message.  Lifejacket was still staring at me, so I closed it manually.  Was this wrong?)

Thoughts before I try restoring the volume id or try it all in safe mode? -- jclarkw
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:31:07 PM by jclarkw »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »

I didn't  say to install outside program files but to move it.  If you installed AHP outside the default folder that could be the reason for the failure.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2020, 10:27:25 PM »

I didn't  say to install outside program files but to move it...

Sorry, I misunderstood, and I'm still lost:  Did you mean, after installing in the default location (and perhaps after running Lifejacket?), move the entire AHP folder outside Program Files?  Then set a new shortcut (or modify the existing one) to point to the new location of the executable?  Can this actually work? -- jclarkw
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:56:33 AM by jclarkw »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.