Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PLM01 lamp module - disable local control sensing current  (Read 3889 times)

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
PLM01 lamp module - disable local control sensing current
« on: March 24, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »

This modification is for a PLM01 appliance module (possibly also PLM03) made in or around 2010.  It prevents the lamp module from supplying sensing current for local control to the load connected to its outlet.  This prevents the module from current to the load, which may alleviate the need to connect a bleeder resistor or night light in parallel with the load to prevent lights from glowing when the module is off.  You will, however, lose the ability to turn on the lamp module by toggling the switch on a connected lamp.

This makes the lamp module completely compatible with LED lighting.  The LEDs no longer glow when the lamp module is off.

On the circuit board inside the appliance module, cut either lead on resistor R14, located near the hot side of the load socket.  See the ridiculously blurry photo, attached.  Separate the lead from the resistor and wrap both with electrical tape.  If the component placement on the board does not look identical to the photo or the resistor is labeled anything other than R14, then this is a different design; do not attempt.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:17:32 PM by toasterking »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: PLM01 lamp module - disable local control sensing current
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »

Thank you for the information. That model has AGC.
As pointed out. If the board is not the same. Information may not apply.
I know the Soft Start LM465 modules are 100% different. Including a surface mounted Sonix SN8P2501BSB controller chip. On the solder side of the board.

I will see if a PLM01 I have in a storage box. Matches yours.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:44:26 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.