Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing works anymore  (Read 3491 times)

azzar0

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Nothing works anymore
« on: December 17, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »

Hello,

I am using Marmitek version (I installed a new computer and, at the time, it was the only option, I will try Tuiceman's new install later to see how that works) and I had everything working (except video). Yesterday, all of a sudden, everything stopped working. The application works and commands get trigerred and executed but the lights don't turn on or off. It seems to be something with the power line, but  I am not sure what and why? The interface shows the correct status, although there is a delay, for instance, I turn office lights on, and it takes a second or two to show that it turned on in the interface, but the actual light does not turn on. I tried this with every module in the house - no response. Same thing with motion sensors - the intreface "sees" the activity and dispatches the commands but nothing happens...
I always had issues with a couple of outlets in the house, despite phase couplers, noise reducers, etc but I have never seen this issue before where absolutely nothing works.
I even restored my computer to an image I had backed up at the beginning of the month, when I know everthing worked, thinking maybe something got corrupted in the registry - same results.
I cleared the interface memory, unplugged it, downloaded again, same thing. I have two CM15a devices - I tried the second one, same result.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am running out of options...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Nothing works anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:56:43 PM »

Any new electronics introduced into the home?
That is the number one cause for things to stop.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

azzar0

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »

Nothing recent. I added a UPC (APC brand) to the computer a couple of weeks ago but haven't had any problems with it. Just now I added a filter to the UPC thinking that might be the issue but still the same results. The interface is also very very slow - it doesn't take 2 seconds to show a change, it's more like 5-6 seconds, which is a lot.

azzar0

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:13 PM »

Another interesting observation - if I unplug the CM15a from the power outlet but leave it connected to the computer via USB, AHP responds very quickly to the commands; nothing happens, of course, since it is not plugged in, but it looks like I'm used to seeing it respond. As soon as I plug it back in, the same sluggish response and still nothing happens to the actual lights...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »

Are you plugging the CM15 into the UPC?
If so try it in another outlet.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »

Was the filter designed for X10 use? Generic ones can absorb X10 power line signals as noise.

I believe the CM15A is polite and tries to wait until the power line is clear of an X10 message. If there is noise fooling the CM15A into thinking an X10 power line signal is in progress. You could see long times until the command is sent.

azzar0

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:38 PM »

I feel like a noob...
For the longest time I've had this LED stripe on top of my kitchen cabinets. A couple of weeks ago the 12V transformer died on me so I ordered a new one. Plugged the new one in and LED lights back on.
It took more than 3 days for this to happen, I tried thinking about a new electrical appliance addition and didn't even think about the LED transformer since 1) I've had the lights there for a long time and never had any problems with the previous transformer and 2) even with the new transformer everything seemed OK until yesterday. Very strange. Needless to say, the new transformer is the culprit. I put an x10 filter before and it doesn't help, so it's disconnected for the time being. Probably permanently, unless I find a polite transformer.

azzar0

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 10:45:18 PM »

Thanks for your help guys, extremely helpful as always. Good to see the forum is still alive and kicking... Last year it was gone after the bankruptcy
 #:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.