Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photos upon motion detection  (Read 3374 times)

Maltby

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Photos upon motion detection
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »

I just installed two xx52a outdoor and was pleased with the easy set up..so much easier than my four legacy Airsights.  On my IPad am wondering how to configure the new cameras to take a snapshot upon motion detection.  The cameras are detecting the motion and I get a long list of events but no photos.  Also, i don't see where I can set up for an email alert like I can with the legacy cameras.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

I forgot to mention...the night vision infra red quality is poor compared to my legacy cameras. The image looks foggy if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:23:20 PM by Maltby »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Photos upon motion detection
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:52:38 PM »

I only had the snapshot feature setup for a limited time but I do know it is there.
I don't have access to it right now as it is at the cottage off line.
The email set up is also there but I don't believe they were available on the smartphone app

As for the foggy looking pic check and clean the lens.
I noticed some of my other cameras require a frequent lens cleaning.( I think it is due to mounting locations)
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Maltby

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »

Thanks for the advice. I will clean the lens though it was foggy right out of the box.  I can take a snapshot manually but it would be handy to be able to get a photo of the detected motion. It doesn't do a lot of good to have motion detection log an event but you aren't able to know what caused the event. I have sent an email to x10 and will let you know if the have some new info to offer.

Though the IPad app was very easy to install, it seems that it doesn't offer much latitude in fine tuning the camera such as contrast etc.

Thanks

Maltby

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 12:29:39 PM »

I only had the snapshot feature setup for a limited time but I do know it is there.
I don't have access to it right now as it is at the cottage off line.
The email set up is also there but I don't believe they were available on the smartphone app

As for the foggy looking pic check and clean the lens.
I noticed some of my other cameras require a frequent lens cleaning.( I think it is due to mounting locations)
 >!

I cleaned the lens and found no improvement.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 01:54:13 PM »

If cleaning the lens didn't improve things I'd contact support about that.
Compare yours to mine http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28797.0
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Maltby

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 01:25:42 AM »

Your photos look great as do my legacy cameras. If I could figure out how to copy my infra reds from the new cameras, (the IPad can't copy or save the pictures from the app) you would be shocked at how terrible they are.  I think the quick start camera viewer app has some serious draw backs since there are just a few camera adjustments that can be made. 

Maltby

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:57 AM »

Heard back from tech support...very disappointing news. I am traveling and will give you their feedback when I get back.

Maltby

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »

Okay...this is what tech support said:  

"the legacy camera used different CMOS lenses and both were discontinued by their manufacturer which is why we had to develop a whole new line. That is how the XX52A IR picture is supposed to look."  

He was referring to the screen shot I am attaching which I think you will agree is terrible. He also said that the IPad/iPhone. app does not allow snapshot or video recording upon motion detection.

If all you want is to view your camera while mobile, with minimal control over the camera, I.e. No email alarms, sound etc. then this is fine and it is indeed an easy set up.  FWIW

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:16:10 PM by Maltby »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.