Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do you control your X10 devices?  (Read 5707 times)

qopbot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do you control your X10 devices?
« on: February 13, 2015, 10:59:49 AM »

Hello everybody!

I recently got the chance to play with some X10 device but I am not sure what is the best way to use control over Linux/Windows or Remotely when I am not home.

What software do you use?

I saw and did some work with Mochad but I think it runs only on Linux. Is there anything for Windows?

Thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: How do you control your X10 devices?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 12:19:57 PM »

There are several windows programs for controlling X10
Check out the Third Party Add-Ons & Software section of AHP.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 11:53:58 PM »

..... I recently got the chance to play with some X10 device but I am not sure what is the best way to use control over Linux/Windows or Remotely when I am not home.

Many of us here have been using X10 for many years (some for decades). I am not sure anyone knows of a "one-best-way" to control automation. I like to think the best control... means giving the control over to a programed processor (computer). But I still have a couple (OK 4) basic palmpad remotes laying around too.

I also have a little tiny netbook-like computer laptop running the Melloware server software and then I run the Melloware app on my iPhone. There is LOTS of great third party software available to check out! And... X10 is currently building a NEW internet connected device that should help things along as well.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:56:14 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

qopbot

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 06:00:34 AM »

Thanks!

I will have a look on Melloware and AHP as soon as I get my new Raspberry Pi and try out Windows on them.

I have been working with Mochad for Linux as I have a media server running Debian.

I also make some changes to control Mochad via the Sensorflare Service and be able to add things like apps on top of it and connect X10 with Smartthings and Insteon.

>!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:42:17 PM »

I will have a look on Melloware and AHP as soon as I get my new Raspberry Pi and try out Windows on them.
I have been working with Mochad for Linux as I have a media server running Debian.
I also make some changes to control Mochad via the Sensorflare Service and be able to add things like apps on top of it and connect X10 with Smartthings and Insteon.

It seems as though there are a thousand ways to remove the skin from felines (skin a cat) now a days.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.