💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

X10 Appliance Module timer

<< < (3/4) > >>

chester1525:
Hello, just wanted to say thank you for all the feed back.

dave w:

--- Quote from: toasterking on April 22, 2015, 08:19:16 PM ---I didn't realize that Phil Kingery had left.  That must have happened fairly recently (last 2 years?).  I know that I asked a question of the same distributor linked above about an ACT product around 2 years ago and got a personal response from Phil.

--- End quote ---
FWIW
Late last year, Phil said he would probably retire in January 2015. He said the reorganization would put him in a new position, new company (iAIRE) which would be new responsibilities, work load, stress, etc. So he was giving retirement serious consideration. He had been managing the liquidation of the ACT product inventory at that time.

toasterking:
Dave W, thanks for the info.

Chester, you are welcome. I hope it works out for you.

simpledude:
I've been searching for the same solution as Chester. But I've wondered about doing the timing on the controller side of things... so that if you push a button on, it would trigger a timer to then push the off button... then any untimed module could be used in a timed mode, from that controller.

Found a schematic for the mini-controller, but it uses switches tied to Vcc or Ground.... not sure whether the chip input the switches are tied to needs true ground (as is achieved by a switch), or how much current a silicon switch would have to sink to activate the chip input to send the off signal.

Has anyone played with the idea of adding circuitry to the controller, to do this sort of thing?

Brian H:
Adding any external switches to a mini-controller could be a shock hazard.
As they have a power line derived power supply. That is not isolated from the AC Line.
Depending on the design. Either Vcc or Ground would be a referenced connection to the AC Line input.

I know some users here. Are doing things with RaspberryPi, Arduino  and other single board computers and X10.
Maybe they will have some suggestions.

At one time there was an Insteon wall switch. That was discontinued. Looked like a six button keypad and each button had a different timeout.
I believe it also was before X10 support was dropped in the Insteon line and did accept an X10 Primary Address.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version