Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Leviton HC44D Compatibility  (Read 2917 times)

CBSanford

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Leviton HC44D Compatibility
« on: May 25, 2015, 05:32:15 PM »

I'm wiring on an existing home that is using a six switch Leviton HCC4D controller. I tried using X10 switches, but they didn't work... Maybe. I need help with programming the controller in the first place. I have never seen an equivalent X10 unit. It takes one Decora space in the wall box.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Leviton HC44D Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »

Do you have the manual for the HCC4D
I found on in my old archives.

CBSanford

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 07:31:12 PM »

I have just found a better explanation.. I seems that the code buttons for the numbers only apply to the first control switch. The rest of the switches are automatically entered sequentially. For instance, if I were to want to code four switches, I would have to enter them 1-4 or 1-5 or 3-6, etc. And, all I have to do is enter the first number. So, thanks, but I think I got it... All I have to do is drive 2 1/2 hours to the job...

The big question is whether the x10 switches will work and, if they don't, what will? And, does this controller actually work?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 11:45:11 AM »

I don't have much experience with Leviton products. There are some other users here that know leviton products and may give you added information.  
I believe they where X10 compatible.

Have you tried maybe a test wiring. With the keypad and an X10 switch on the exact same circuit?

Do you have any phase couplers between the incoming lines of the home?

Here is a good set of tutorials on X10 troubleshooting. As you may have noise or signal sucking devices causing issues.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:55:30 AM by Brian H »

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »

The Leviton DHC devices are X10 compatible in that they send/receive the same PLC signals as X10 although their quality is usually much higher than X10. Leviton tends to rename technologies that they use (and inflate the price). Vizia is Z-Wave, HLC is UPB - I'm not sure what Omni-Bus is based on. They also bought HAI a couple of years ago.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:39:55 PM by dhouston »
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.