Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disabling local control current on a WTM75?  (Read 5753 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Disabling local control current on a WTM75?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »

Two 68K 1/2 watts in parallel would be 34K.

ssokolow

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2015, 12:09:33 PM »

Doesn't sell to Canada and there's a Chinese seller that'll sell me a 5-pack for roughly 1/3rd of that price so it'll take 30-40 days before I can assemble it.

Jeepers, resistors are easy to get.  Try a standard electronic distributor like Mouser or Digikey.

If you don't have a 33K 1W, you can connect three 100K 1/2W resistors in parallel.

Jeff

Mouser and Digikey aren't set up to provide reasonable shipping charges for very tiny orders in Canada. I'd wind up paying at least half the cost of a new X10 module.

As for alternatives, I barely have any resistors over 1/4W and the ones I do have can't be combined into anything relevant to this problem.

I'll just wait.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 12:49:50 PM »

Mouser and Digikey aren't set up to provide reasonable shipping charges for very tiny orders in Canada. I'd wind up paying at least half the cost of a new X10 module.

FYI:  Postage from the US to Canada for just a 2 ounce package is about $7.

I guess if you want cheap, you have to go to China.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

ssokolow

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »

FYI:  Postage from the US to Canada for just a 2 ounce package is about $7.

I guess if you want cheap, you have to go to China.

Jeff

I buy enough used books and games that I'm well aware of US-to-Canada shipping rates. I'm not sure what China charges, but their postal service is so hyper-optimized for this kind of thing that you can get little USB couplers and cables for $1 US including shipping.

(Though I end up mostly buying my books and region-free games from the UK or Australia. Their postal services charge less to ship to Canada and their eBay and AbeBooks sellers don't charge as much before shipping.)

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 02:27:04 PM »

Mouser is the same here while Digikey is slightly better, offering First Class Mail for small orders.

So, is http://www.digikey.ca/ just a sales portal? I had always assumed it was a Canadian operation.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

ssokolow

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »

Mouser is the same here while Digikey is slightly better, offering First Class Mail for small orders.

So, is http://www.digikey.ca/ just a sales portal? I had always assumed it was a Canadian operation.

I don't know. Every time I've needed a bulk order, I've thrown in some Raspberry Pi supplies and ordered from element14. Still, I don't think they ship tiny orders in an ordinary letter envelope and, even if they did, Canada Post wants at least the Chinese seller's total cost just for in-country postage.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:36:12 PM by ssokolow »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.