Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powerline Flood  (Read 3231 times)

spam4us

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Powerline Flood
« on: August 13, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »

I have a RF to powerline transceiver that it's wall wart is plugged into a X10 module (G1). Sometimes, the transceiver floods the powerline with A1 ONs. Don't know why and I've tried everything I can think of to determine the reason the flooding starts. The only way to stop the flooding is to physically unplug the RF Transceiver. When I plug it back in, the flooding stops.

What I'd like to do is send a G1 OFF to the X10 G1 module to turn the transceiver off when the A1 On flooding starts.  I have a macro to do this but it doesn't want to run until I unplug the transceiver to stop the flood. It can't get thru the flooding. After I send the G1 OFF, I want to then send a G1 On to turn the transceiver back on.

Is there any way to do this? Possibly by using some UM506 and PSC01 and filters? Maybe using something other than X10 to turn the transceiver off?

Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Powerline Flood
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:52:49 PM »

Have you tried sending G1 off via RF?
The cm15 will wait for the power line to be free of signals before sending PLC but it will send RF while the power line is active. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »

Which model transceiver? What housecode is it set for? Why not plug it into the wall directly?
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 06:04:08 PM »

I have a RF to powerline transceiver that it's wall wart is plugged into a X10 module (G1).
This isn't a X10 transceiver is it?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

spam4us

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 02:04:25 AM »

Tuicemen
     I haven't tried sending the RF G1 only because I thought the CM15A would wait as it did until the flooding stopped. I'll give it a try. It might take awhile since I don't know when the next flood will be.

Which model transceiver? What housecode is it set for? Why not plug it into the wall directly?
      I'd rather not say the model only because I do not want to come across as bashing the product.  It is a very good transceiver and has solved all of my RF reception problems for many years.  The transceiver is set to covert RF to powerline for housecodes E, F & G. It is capable of converting all house codes if selected in the software as well as converting x10 security codes into powerline house/unit codes as well.

The reason I have it plugged into the X10 G1 module it that I thought I could send a G1 off using Active Home to turn the transceiver off once the flooding started and then send a G1 On to turn it back on.  Right now, if I unplug the transceiver and then plug it back in, the transceiver resets and the flooding stops.

Dave w,   No, it's not an x10 transceiver.

A few years ago I read that member Pajama Guy had the same problem but I don't remember if it was ever fixed.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 07:31:18 AM »

Tuicemen
     I haven't tried sending the RF G1 only because I thought the CM15A would wait as it did until the flooding stopped. I'll give it a try. It might take awhile since I don't know when the next flood will be.

You can add the RF send to your macro so you don't need to wait and watch for the flooding to occur. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

spam4us

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 05:55:30 PM »

Thanks,

I've added the RF G1 and it works fine without a flood going on.  Now just to wait and see.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.