Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS469 review (2017)  (Read 2059 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
WS469 review (2017)
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:32:43 PM »

Picked up one of these for use at my off grid place to power up my ceiling fan. The fan has a remote which works if the power is supplied to the fan.
I had a normal switch to supply and disconnect power but it sat under the remotes mounting bracket.
The fan has some old LED lights that don't fully turn off so a switch was needed.
I had wanted to put in aX10 switch but didn't want the loud clicking sound as sound echoes in this room and seems to get magnified.
I like the look and sound of the XPS4 but it didn't make sense to have it when it wouldn't be seen. Also they are a bit more $.
the WS469 has the same quite relay as the XPS4 so it made sense to give it a try. I figured if it was too loud I'd revert back.
I wasn't disappointed  :)%  The fan light comes on when power is turned on to the fan so this worked great.
I added the switches address to Alex10 so now I can activate it via Alexa and my Amazon Dot.
The LED on the switch is dim enough that it isn't noticeable with the remote in place however if it wasn't covered it would be bright enough to find in the dark. ;)
I love the new relays Authinx is adding into the revamped modules, I just wish they'd get them added to other modules sooner then latter. ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS469 review (2017)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »

That is great news.
It would be an improvement if they updated the X10 line of products.
One of the big reasons I started using the Smarthome X10 clones. Was the quiet relays you didn't hear across the house.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.