Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Regular and X10 Combo Switch  (Read 1370 times)

craigj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Looking for Regular and X10 Combo Switch
« on: December 06, 2015, 11:53:59 PM »

I have recently installed two x10 outlets to control floor lamps on my deck
I am using a palmpad remote to control them right now but i would like to have them assigned to a wall switch.
I have a standard single gang light switch that controls the flood light on the deck.

Does anyone know if there is a single gang switch unit that has multiple switches:
One standard mechanical and one or more X10 switched
so that i could  control the floods and the floor lamps from the same unit?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Looking for Regular and X10 Combo Switch
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:16:58 AM »

I have never seen a combination standard and X10 switch being offered.

X10 Wall switches only have power line receivers in them. They can't activate any other X10 devices.
There is an X10 Keypad with choices of functional face plates. For various options. Though it has no local load control for your deck lights.

The Smarthome Insteon line of devices. Has been eliminating the ability to add an X10 address. So their Keypad that has a load output and the ability to have an X10 address on the other buttons. May no longer be an option for any X10 users.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: Looking for Regular and X10 Combo Switch
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 12:32:49 PM »

The SmartHomes ToggleLinc (and X10 only version) did this but it has been reported many times that the X10 has been/will be removed at some point.  I have one of the X10 only versions and a couple unused Insteon w/ X10.  They will control a local load as well as transmit their state change which can be used to control another device.  They can also be controlled remotely with that same address.

It's a shame the X10 version was so short lived (at the price it was great) and the Insteon version no longer has X10.   :'(

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.