Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: door sensor inop  (Read 4012 times)

ramhouse

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
door sensor inop
« on: January 01, 2016, 02:23:47 PM »

I have had a x10 ps561 system for 5yrs now and have had problems with my front door sensor, i have two door sensors, one for the front and one for the rear slider door, and have had no problem with the rear slider in all those years, i also have 3 motion sensor two on 1st level and one on 2nd level all work fine but the front door sensor just stops working, i have replaced sensor 4 times plus replaced batteries will register and work for a day then panel will start blinking in that zone after that and i will have to redue everything again, i am using the ds10a sensors, should i try the newer one!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: door sensor inop
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:05:40 PM »

I suspect a RF range issue as you don't state how far each is from the PS561.
Since the sensor works with new batteries the extra power may be making the difference.
Have you tried the passive antenna trick on the front door sensor?
Since you have replaced this sensor 4 times now I don't expect a 5th to make any difference.
You might wish to look at the RF repeater (SR751) to boost the signal.
I had extremely good luck with that device boosting signals from the opposite side of the house which couldn't be seen from a transceiver in the same room as the problem device.
 >!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:07:36 PM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

ramhouse

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 03:42:56 PM »

my door sensor is 20ft from the consule with no walls  and i have 2 motion sensors that are futher than the door sensor, one is 10ft futher with no walls the other is 15ft plus it on the 2nd floor with walls of the house and it works fine.

ramhouse

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 03:49:53 PM »

can you tell me how to do this passive antenna trick for the door sensor.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 04:55:36 PM »

my door sensor is 20ft from the consule with no walls  and i have 2 motion sensors that are futher than the door sensor, one is 10ft futher with no walls the other is 15ft plus it on the 2nd floor with walls of the house and it works fine.
X10 RF devices are often poorly tuned so it may be that your balky sensor is marginal.

can you tell me how to do this passive antenna trick for the door sensor.
http://web.archive.org/web/20150811194402/http://davehouston.org/X10_feng_shui.htm
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

ramhouse

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »

ok I got some copper wire and tied it to the antenna on the console and run the wire up high about 6' then moved the door sensor over to where it was in line of the copper wire and haven't had a problem with it since, and all of my remotes work better and further away then before, that copper wire did the trick, can't believe how far those remotes work.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.