🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

modified through-hole cm15a

<< < (4/15) > >>

dhouston:

--- Quote from: toasterking on January 05, 2016, 01:03:42 PM ---Dave, I'm really looking forward to your product!

--- End quote ---

I think it will be 6-8 weeks before I can have it ready. Most of China shuts down next week for their New Year so I'll wait until they are back to get prototype boards made.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this board...
https://www.tindie.com/products/ceech/wireless-sensor-board-w-atmega328p/#
from a vendor in eastern Europe. He gets them made in China, in small lots and is able to sell them for $10. My board is smaller and with similar complexity so I'm hopeful I can get assembled boards at a reasonable cost. While I can assemble a few prototypes, I cannot do much beyond that.

I have a recently widowed niece who could use a bit of extra income so I'm trying to design so that she (electronically clueless) can do the final assembly and handle distribution. If that doesn't work, I'll look for someone here willing to take it over.  I doubt it will generate much volume as most X10 users seem reluctant to modify 120V devices.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Noam on January 05, 2016, 02:24:37 PM ---We could get one of the new ones, and then take one of the old ones, and use a force gauge to compare how hard it is to break the antenna off each one! ;)

--- End quote ---

I can attest that the old antennae on the newer SMD version of the CM15A are easily broken.  :(

Noam:

--- Quote from: dhouston on January 05, 2016, 02:25:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: toasterking on January 05, 2016, 01:03:42 PM ---Dave, I'm really looking forward to your product!

--- End quote ---

I think it will be 6-8 weeks before I can have it ready. Most of China shuts down next week for their New Year so I'll wait until they are back to get prototype boards made.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this board...
https://www.tindie.com/products/ceech/wireless-sensor-board-w-atmega328p/#
from a vendor in eastern Europe. He gets them made in China, in small lots and is able to sell them for $10. My board is smaller and with similar complexity so I'm hopeful I can get assembled boards at a reasonable cost. While I can assemble a few prototypes, I cannot do much beyond that.

I have a recently widowed niece who could use a bit of extra income so I'm trying to design so that she (electronically clueless) can do the final assembly and handle distribution. If that doesn't work, I'll look for someone here willing to take it over.  I doubt it will generate much volume as most X10 users seem reluctant to modify 120V devices.

--- End quote ---

You could call it the "FrankenX10" (pronounced "fr-ANK-en-ksten")

dhouston:

--- Quote from: toasterking on January 04, 2016, 11:11:00 PM ---...unless Dave Houston finishes his "ZBasic Arduino on crack" mod...

--- End quote ---
I prefer "ZBasic Arduino on inhuman growth hormone".  ;D

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Noam on January 05, 2016, 02:33:49 PM ---You could call it the "FrankenX10" (pronounced "fr-ANK-en-ksten")

--- End quote ---
Have you been peeking at my design?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version