🎭Entertainment > Entertainment General

Too many PM5900's not good?

<< < (2/2)

70shovelhead:
Thanks for the replies. I have made several adjustments in placement of the transmitter, antenna, shielding material between the transmitter in the bedroom and the receiver in the living room media closet with no change. What is strange about this whole thing is that the remote that is causing this problem is a directv remote programed for an Olevia TV (bedroom) and it is turning on and off a Samsung smart TV (living room) B:(.
So I am going to try a Sewell IR blaster that works through the HDMI cable (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CA7EKHK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00). This looks like an easy fix for the bedroom system since the media equipment is located on the other side of the wall from the tv and is accessible through a wall port I installed. Again thanks for the input. :)

Tuicemen:
Have you tried the factory remote for the Olevia TV to see if it too has the same effect?
Can different codes for devices be programed into the directv remote (entered with keypad) or is it a learning type?
If it is possible to enter different codes try others as some codes overlap with other brands of devices.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: 70shovelhead on February 23, 2016, 09:34:53 AM ---So I am going to try a Sewell IR blaster that works through the HDMI cable...

--- End quote ---

That does look like a fix. Let us know how things work out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version