Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: CM15A USB Problem  (Read 21354 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: CM15A USB Problem
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2019, 11:03:11 AM »

I did try the device manager to see the connection for the cm15a in there, and sometimes it says "unrecognized"

I think that is your problem.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2019, 11:11:25 AM »

Nothing is plugged into the usb on front of the computer except this. In the back, just mouse, keyboard and printer that have always been there.

I then found a brand new printer usb cable that takes the same end as the cm15a, and it worked for a while, then stopped again. I also unplugged and IR543 that wasn't in use. Same thing.
I have found the USB ports on the front of PCs to be unreliable for lots of things though I never had issues with them and a mouse keyboard radio stick.
You've never stated that you tried a different USB port on your PC (unless I missed that post) try moving your CM15 Cable to a USB port at the back of the PC. Maybe swap out the printer with the CM15 if you don't have a free USB port on the back.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »

I did try the device manager to see the connection for the cm15a in there, and sometimes it says "unrecognized"

I think that is your problem.

See below... If  would unplug the usb cable before, and then re-plug in, it would say unrecognized. But if I would pull power to the cm15a and plug back in, it would also find it... Just can't pull the usb plug, always have to pull power to the cm15, then plug back in and it finds it....

Nothing is plugged into the usb on front of the computer except this. In the back, just mouse, keyboard and printer that have always been there.

I then found a brand new printer usb cable that takes the same end as the cm15a, and it worked for a while, then stopped again. I also unplugged and IR543 that wasn't in use. Same thing.

I have found the USB ports on the front of PCs to be unreliable for lots of things though I never had issues with them and a mouse keyboard radio stick.
You've never stated that you tried a different USB port on your PC (unless I missed that post) try moving your CM15 Cable to a USB port at the back of the PC. Maybe swap out the printer with the CM15 if you don't have a free USB port on the back.

I’ve only tried the two front ports. Now just unplugged the printer on the back, done even use it anyway. Ok, after plugging in to the back usb it said unrecognized, which it's done before, and pulling power to the cm15a would force it to recognize, but this time didn't have to pull power to it, and then it found it. Let’s see what happens now after a few hours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:45:14 AM by Jason B »

Jason B

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2019, 11:51:32 AM »

Well, crap, stopped working after 3 min with usb in the back.... Now before sometimes I'd get a few min, most of the time a few hours. But a few months ago it would work for 60 days straight if the computer wasn't shut off.... Crap, don't know what else to try. Someone mentioned updating the usb software? Not sure how to do that. It's just windows 7 HP pc, with stock usb's...

I'm open to try anything else....
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:27:02 PM by Jason B »

brobin

• Helpful Post Rating: 157
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2019, 12:26:22 PM »

With the cm15A USB cable unplugged, reboot the PC and try reinstalling the AH drivers. Then reboot again and plug the CM15a back in.

Jason B

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »

With the cm15A USB cable unplugged, reboot the PC and try reinstalling the AH drivers. Then reboot again and plug the CM15a back in.

Ok will try. I'm using this, this is what the author of the x10 program said to use. I don't know who to tell what version it is, assuming last one that was avail...

http://melloware.biz/download/warez/ahsdk_install.exe 9.9 mb

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »

There were only two versions of the SDK released, if x10commander sends then your using the correct one.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jason B

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:11 PM »

There were only two versions of the SDK released, if x10commander sends then your using the correct one.

Ok, well after unplugging, reboot, install, reboot, now nothing works. I can send the commands from the phone, but nothing. I don't get it. WHo's in PA that i can pay to come here and help :) WHen you use this stuff every day of your life for 7 years, and now can't, you lose it.

EDIT, after unplugging 2-3 times from power, etc, 10 commands I hit from many minutes earlier when on/off, and it worked for maybe 3 min of trying other commands and now nothing. Now I can only get about 3 min of use it seems after installing the software. Does anything have a link to the older files?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 02:13:58 PM by Jason B »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2019, 02:33:12 PM »

Here is a link to the old SDK though I doubt that is the answer.
http://tuicemen.net/downloads/ahsdk_Oldinstall.exe
Note: it may stop X10commander from working altogether!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Jason B

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »

Here is a link to the old SDK though I doubt that is the answer.
http://tuicemen.net/downloads/ahsdk_Oldinstall.exe
Note: it may stop X10commander from working altogether!

installed, it made a 2nd folder, but nothing changed. IF I can get it to work, it's only for 2 min, then it stops taking commands.... Any other ideas?? Is the cm15a bad?? What else could be wrong?

I've been working on this for 10 hours today. Nothing has changed except it works for shorter amount of time when I can get it to work, after removing cm15 from power, multiple times, then it will send but only for a short time... Where is the disconnect at?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:11:08 PM by Jason B »

brobin

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2019, 06:45:14 PM »

Do you have another PC or laptop you could test with? If you install the software first, then plug it in and still have a problem, I'd suspect the CM15A to be bad since you will have then replaced both the computer and the cable.

Jason B

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »

Do you have another PC or laptop you could test with? If you install the software first, then plug it in and still have a problem, I'd suspect the CM15A to be bad since you will have then replaced both the computer and the cable.

Stay tuned. Doing that in a few hours. Going now to borrow a laptop

brobin

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2019, 07:25:52 PM »

Maybe bring the CM15A with you and test in a different house while you're there. That'll eliminate some strange signal generator at your place.

Jason B

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2019, 07:26:39 PM »

Can’t as no X10 in that house to test.

LostDog88

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »

Can’t as no X10 in that house to test.

Take one light module and the CM15a.

:-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.