📸Cameras & Camera Software > Non X10 Cameras

WiFi Surveillance Cameras

(1/6) > >>

dhouston:
I'd like to find WiFi Surveillance Cameras that can connect to multiple routers. These would go in the entryways of 4-unit apartment buildings and allow each tenant to see who is ringing their doorbell but without commingling their individual networks or that can act as access points to which each tenant can connect with their iOS or Android device.

Is there such a beast? This is a new area for me and I'm not even sure of terminology.

How about this one?
http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DCS/DCS%20932L/Manuals/DCS_932L_A1_Manual_v1_00_English.pdf

Tuicemen:
I haven't seen one that will connect to multi routers.
In fact even this one appears to just connect to a single router.
Having it connect to multi routers would be a security nightmare.
Not to mention headaches if a tenant moved or one of those were connected to the internet as well.
It would be best to have it connect to a single router and set each tenant as a guest on the camera only the landlord would have access to the router and cameras setup.
The router would not require internet access so everything would be more secure.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on March 19, 2016, 02:29:38 PM ---It would be best to have it connect to a single router and set each tenant as a guest on the camera only the landlord would have access to the router and cameras setup.
The router would not require internet access so everything would be more secure.

--- End quote ---

After minimal research I was leaning in this direction. As I have a surplus router, I've ordered one of the D-Link cameras and will now have something else to play with. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to do this.

Tuicemen:
It shouldn't be to hard to setup with any IP camera.
A small app could be created for tenants which would connect to the cameras or you could use the built in interface.
Several guests can access at the same time so 4 tenants wouldn't be a issue.
 >!

Don N:
I understand these devices work pretty well.  See https://ring.com/
Not sure if they will work in your environment, but you might check it out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version