Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Often Crashes when No Interface Connected  (Read 2300 times)

jclarkw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Often Crashes when No Interface Connected
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:26 PM »

I'm running AHP 3.318 on one Windows 7 SP1 system with AHP Lifejacket installed and the drive-label reverted to original.  If I start AHP with no CM15A connected (I don't have any other interfaces), it throws up it's "interface isn't connected" message and then it often crashes.  It may always crash if I do not immediately dismiss the "interface isn't connected" message, and it may never crash when I do, I'm not completely sure.  Is this a known issue?  Is it indicative of a significant problem?

I have an apparently reliable work-around: start AHP with the interface connected and then disconnect it -- runs fine.  But there are times when I want to work on a program and don't have an interface handy, so it can be a pain if there's no dependable solution.

I have a similar AHP installation on another similar Win7 machine, but this one also throws up a message about the iWatchOut Plugin being installed but unable to connect to the Video Capture Device (I don't have one).  Fortunately this message doesn't appear to make AHP crash, whether or not I dismiss the message.  Can the plug-in be uninstalled without screwing up AHP?  Or should I just ignore it? -- jclarkw
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:21:17 PM by jclarkw »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: AHP Often Crashes when No Interface Connected
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:34 PM »

The plugins can't be uninstalled they are built into the main DLL  though some like the video one do use an additional DLL.
However you can disable any or all plugins.
the plug-in info is contained in the AHP folder in the fie ahp_plugin.xml,
right click on this file and select edit,
Scroll down to the line containing the plugin you wish to disable and delete that line.
if you used AHP_Lifejacket each line will contain a description stating what the plugin is if not I believe the line starting with <plugin id="AHXAVX" is the one for iWatchout.

As for AHP crashing without the interface connected I haven't encountered it though I rarely have the interface disconnected
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »

...However you can disable any or all plugins.
the plug-in info is contained in the AHP folder in the fie ahp_plugin.xml,
right click on this file and select edit,
Scroll down to the line containing the plugin you wish to disable and delete that line.
if you used AHP_Lifejacket each line will contain a description stating what the plugin is if not I believe the line starting with <plugin id="AHXAVX" is the one for iWatchout...

Thanks!  I will try that.  Maybe somebody else has seen the crashing issue... -- jclarkw

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »

One other thing you may try for when not having a interface connected is to disable x10 nets.
X10 nets seems to cause a lot of issues and recently I discovered this wasn't required for AHP to work on my Windows 10 OS
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 08:52:36 AM »

One other thing you may try for when not having a interface connected is to disable x10 nets.
X10 nets seems to cause a lot of issues and recently I discovered this wasn't required for AHP to work on my Windows 10 OS

Tuicemen -- Are you saying that x10nets is not needed at all?  Or is it needed to communicate with the CM15A?  I had been tempted not to let it install initially (as I recall, it was a separate installation step) but let it go ahead as I didn't know what it was for. -- jclarkw

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 08:58:40 AM »

The x10 nets is needed for certain tasks all of which I haven't figured out yet however it isn't required for simply sending or receiving  x10.
It looks like it does handle network communications and maybe uploading to the cm15s memory.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jclarkw

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 10:22:53 AM »

Thanks again!  That's enough information for my purposes. -- jclarkw

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.