Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 10 - Can't see AHP save file  (Read 5150 times)

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Windows 10 - Can't see AHP save file
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:36 PM »

Odd issue...  Running AHP on Windows 10.  I noticed that when I browsed to c:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro\ that my currently AHP save file had a very old last modified date even though I definitely saved it recently.  So I decided to do a Save As and give the file a different name.  When I browse to that directory in Windows Explorer - I can't see the file at all.  When I use Save As or Open from within AHP it's there.  Turning on "Show hidden files" in Explorer doesn't make any difference.  I'm logged in as an account with Administrator permissions.  What gives?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Windows 10 - Can't see AHP save file
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:32 AM »

Windows 64 bit adds extra security to files stored in the Program Files(x86) folder.
Read Write permissions of that folder has caused issues with not only AHP but other programs installed into it as far back as Windows 7.
However I never experienced these issues myself until Win 10.
Moving the ActiveHome Pro folder out of Program files(X86) will solve the security constraint issues with AHP.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

solareclipse

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »

Well, I didn't move the entire folder out, but I did change my save file location and put it under Documents and that seems to have solved some of the odd issues.  So thanks!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 10:22:09 PM »

Glad you have some issues resolved. Windows 10s security also adds extra limitations for XML files (which AHP uses several) you may find issues with these in the future if AHP is left in Program Files (X86) ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.