Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The SC1200 system  (Read 9515 times)

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
The SC1200 system
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:34:33 AM »

Hi guys it's been a while since I've been here. A lot has changed since I was last here. Anyway I have been using the PS561 for years. Just recently my wife was rearranging the furniture and accidently damaged the speak to the system. I have been a long time user of X10 security systems and was looking to get a new 1. I have a few questions about the SC1200 system. 1st: I have the DS10A window/door sensors. Will this system work with these sensors? 2nd: 1 of my sensors is connected to the inside of a metal shed door about 20 to 30 feet away from were my console is setting. Will this pick up that sensor? 3rd: I do have a answering machine on my landline, but I do have it set for 5 rings before answering. Will that interfere with the call in feature of this system (arm/disarm)? 4th and last: Since the PS561 worked so well here will the SC1200 be able to jump in and work right out of the box just like it is without modifying the SC1200 system. PS I will not be getting the cellular version system. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: The SC1200 system
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 09:49:45 AM »

If you have not looked at the full manual yet.
http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/SC1200.pdf

1st: All the older sensors and remotes will work with the SC1200 Console.
2nd: SC1200 as you may have read is not as RF sensitive. You may have to test it. I think it will be close enough.
3rd: The answer delay {not Rings} by default is 30 seconds. Can be set lower. If set lower than the five ring time.
It will answer every time. The manual indicates that you can still send the PIN access number and wait until the answering machine
finishes recording. Then the SC1200 should respond. I have never tested this method so I don't know how valid it is.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:55:24 AM by Brian H »

geeforce

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »

Thanks for your reply Brian. I just ordered the SC1200 beginners system. Like I said I already have nearly every window and door mounted with a sensor. I really just need the console but extra sensor is a plus. Thanks again.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:17:27 PM »

The DS12A Door Window Sensor. Has two independent Zones available in it. Though many users only use the built in magnetic one or the wired external one.
Both can be independently added to the console. In my case the doors has fancy molding and I could not get the external magnet close enough to the side of the case.
So I only used an added external magnetic switch that you maybe familiar with on the DS10A and did not register the internal one.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.