Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I build a brand new ActivePhone front end for everyone to try  (Read 42443 times)

raleman

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: I build a brand new ActivePhone front end for everyone to try
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 04:38:23 PM »

I only use the broadlink app to set up the devices and learn ir codes.  My the computer that hosts my remote control webapp communicates with my broadlink devices directly on the back end. 

Here is a python library to extract the learned ir codes:

https://github.com/NightRang3r/Broadlink-e-control-db-dump

Here is another python library to communicate with all broadlink devices:

https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink

Also Home Assistant supports broadlink:

https://home-assistant.io/components/switch.broadlink/

soxfan1966

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »

I realize this is an old topic but trying to find an answer to an issue I am having.  I found this post (and updated my HTML file per the instrictions) but the issue is still happening, so I assume it is a setup issues somewhere.

I have been running ActiveHome and ActivePhone Pro for quite awhile.

While doing some upgrading of my modules to work with Alexa and Google Home I did some renaming of my different modules and Macros

When I open the ActivePhone app now some of the Macros appear (at least the names) instead of the Module name.

For example, I have a module names "Back Deck Light" which also has an "Eagle Eye Motion Sensor" to trigger that module and has the same name (Back Deck).

I created a Macro called "Back Deck Night" to turn the light off if it gets triggered after midnight after 2 minutes (sometimes the motion sensor gets triggered by the wind or something blowing in front of it at night)

When I open ActivePhone PRO, the name that appears for the module is "Back Deck Night" and not "Back Deck"

Is there some sort of setting I am missing to ignore macros and motion sensors from the app?  All I really want listed is the individual Modules for the lights and not the macros.

raleman

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 04:20:11 AM »

Hi Soxfan1966, sorry I missed your post.  I have my stuff running on Alexa as well through HA Bridge and using the ActivePhone endpoints. I'm not 100% clear on how you have everything set up in ActiveHome, but it sounds like at least hiding the macro would help.  If you have more than one macro/module on the same House and Unit code then that can cause button name confusion. In addition to that, I have macros and modules that I don't want to see in the remote. Because of both of these issues I have created a naming convention to hide macros/modules from the remote.  If you add h in parentheses to the name of the module, the remote won't show it.  For example "Back Deck Night (h)" without the quotes.  I have other naming conventions as well listed in the first post.

soxfan1966

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 01:59:49 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I completely missed the naming convention part of the instructions - the (h) to hide is exactly what I wanted.

One more question, the order of my devices is somewhat quirky.  I use both A and B house codes to handle the different phases (I had a phase coupler as part of my dryer plug but that seemed to finicky a few months ago so I removed it and went with the separate phases, seems to be much more reliable for me).

Well now as a result devices appear based on the house code / unit number order as opposed to what logical area they are in - I know i could use the room filter but I like the All Rooms and having everything up front.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.