🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

How to increase the current capacity of an XM17A or similar addressable PS?

<< < (3/3)

HA Man:
Just on the chance that some sort of modification of a AM466 or AM486 Appliance Module may be called for, does anyone know where to find a reliable circuit schematic for the current-issue of those Appliance Modules?  In particular, are there any specs for the relay coil and/or the relay control circuit's input to tell what sort of signal would be needed for either of those?

TIA!

Brian H:
I have not seen an updated schematic for the CFL Friendly, Appliance Module with the Sonix surface mounted controller chip.
I know the power supply is now around 4.2 volts DC not the older models that are around 15-18 volts DC.
I did a partial schematic of just the power supply and ratchet switch coil activation circuits.
When an X10 On or Off power line command is received. The controller checks the output status sensing circuit to see if it is presently on or off. As it uses an alternating  ratchet switch. If it is in the state already the command is ignored. If it has to be toggled on or off . It fires a MCR100-8 for a fairly high half wave pulse through the ratchet switches coil 56 ohm coil. From Line to Neutral. There is a 07D221K TNR across the coil for some inductive spike control.
If you disable the output status sensor. It will fire like a machine gun a few times. Trying to change state.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version