🖥️ActiveHome Pro > SDK

X10 CM19a controller program

(1/3) > >>

PhotonDemon:
Hi X10 Users,

I'm new to this X10 forum, so I'm not exactly sure how to do things.  That said, I have written a Windows program that controls a CM19a USB Transceiver.  I had trouble with the available software so I wrote my own.  You can take a look at the help file here: http://www.keystone-software.com/ftp/download/windows/X10/KscX10Controller.html.  One nice feature is its ability to send commands at a given time of day and repeat them on a given schedule.  I won't go into more than that here so check out the help file.

I'm trying to decide whether to try and sell the program or give it away and if I should ask for donations/tips.  Selling or asking for money in any form takes work so I'd like to know if there is enough interest to make it worth the effort.

So please let me know what you think.

Lou

Tuicemen:
There are several x10 type HA softwares out there with tons of options.
Asking for suggestions will help improve your program.
I'm not sure if your application uses the SDK but I placed it in this section anyways.

dhouston:

--- Quote from: Tuicemen on July 01, 2016, 11:50:05 AM ---Asking for suggestions will help improve your program.

--- End quote ---
And, although I've not been asked, I'll offer my $0.02 anyway. Needing a PC running 24/7 for scheduling is a foolish waste of electricity. Porting your program to RPi will greatly reduce energy requirements and offer options for control via WiFi. And, it obviates the need for the SDK.  ;)

HA Dave:
Welcome to the forums PhotonDemon.

It is always nice to see new additions to the X10 family. I use a CM19a in my setup. Your software looks interesting. Although... it should be noted that X10 is currently involved in a big change in a smart device interface.

PhotonDemon:
Hi Guys,

I have thought about porting the program to a Raspberry Pi but the development tool I use doesn't work on that platform so it would be a really big effort.

Since X10 is moving to a different device interface I think I will allow everyone to use my program for free.  You can download it from here: http://www.keystone-software.com/ftp/download/windows/X10/KscX10ControllerInstallV1_05.msi.

Enjoy.

Lou

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version