Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SH624 remote quit working  (Read 2987 times)

cscjjd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SH624 remote quit working
« on: July 19, 2016, 06:31:54 PM »

Hi,

after several years with no problems, my SH624 remote stopped working.  The red light still blinks but no chime is heard from the SC1200. 
I tried all the arm, disarm, and panic buttons. 
I tried a new set of batteries. 
I tried re-installing the remote (with and without generating a new random code).
The SC1200 still functions normally by manual control and by my keychain remote.  The house code on the SH624 matches that of the SC1200.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks!
p.s. when I tried searching this forum for a similar post I received the following message... "Database Error  Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."  ...but I didn't know who to report the error to.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SH624 remote quit working
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »

The House Code is not needed for the security functions. It is used to control standard X10 modules on the same House Code if the SC1200 is also set to that House Code.

Do you have any X10 modules on the House Code the SC1200 and SH624 are set to?
If you do the one through four Unit Code buttons on the SH624 should control the standard X10 modules.
If they also can't be controlled. That would be one more clue to the issue.

Did you remove the SH624 from the Console list? When you generated the new Security Code and tried to add it back?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:03:31 AM by Brian H »

cscjjd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SH624 remote quit working - RESOLVED
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »

Hi,

In the past day I read that a strategy to try for other X-10 devices is to remove the battery and hold down one of the keys for a few seconds (I assume this discharges a capacitor or in some other way resets the device).  I tried this with my SH624 and it resolved the problem -- I was then able to install it again (without having to first uninstall).

Thank you for your suggestion Brian and for all of your help with this forum!

p.s. I am still getting the Search error for this forum.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: SH624 remote quit working
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 01:38:30 PM »

Thanks for the update.
I had forgotten the fact that discharging the capacitor may help. As it keep the data safe for a short time during battery changes.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.