Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible final run on some XTB products  (Read 1329 times)

JeffVolp

• Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
Possible final run on some XTB products
« on: December 09, 2020, 10:17:32 AM »

Many of you know that I have been discontinuing XTB products as I transition into retirement.  Already discontinued are the XTBM/Pro meter, XTB-F10/F15 filters, XTB-ANR noise reducer, and the XTB-232 powerline interface.  The LED Shunt is also sold out.  As of 12/8/20 there are a couple dozen XTB-IIR/+ left.  After those are gone, only the plug-in XTBR and XTB-523 will remain available.

There have been numerous requests for the XTBM/Pro, XTB-ANR, and XTB-232.  I have been considering a small (10 unit) run of each of them to fill requests.  But PCBs and components are considerably more expensive in small quantities, so the prices would have to increase accordingly.

I wonder if there is enough interest to follow through.  If so, please contact me through jeff@jvde.us so I can add your requests for the various products.

If someone wants to step up and take over production, I can make the Gerber files and PICs available.  (And maybe even the source code.)

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Possible final run on some XTB products
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »

S-o-o-o Jeff,  like, don't you need a post retirement hobby? You can't hike all the time. <big grin>

If I wasn't an old geezer I would take you up on your offer. You designed, developed, and built superior devices (this from a guy who retired from the company that developed Six Sigma and received the first Malcom Baldridge national quality award...I recognize quality).

Quality and reliability has been your philosophy, not "make it cheap" like the old X10 (not that the new X10 is any different, as the fantastically successful WM100 (sarcasm) has been their only "new product".)

Now, go take a hike.  >!  #:)
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.