💬General Category > X10 Product Wish List

Is the demand there?

<< < (2/3) > >>

JeffVolp:
I think the PR511 was one of the best X10 products.  I installed the Leviton version on our own home, and they can be controlled by 4-button keypads from multiple locations as well as my "all exterior lights on" macro.

The bunch we picked up when they first became hard to find sold out pretty fast.

Jeff

Waynemor:
Hi,
I would also be VERY interested in the PR 511 either as a whole unit or even just the sensor.
I have found that with the severe winters we can get here in Canada that was the only decently reliable unit that was ever able to handle the cold.
I still have one spare from the "old days" but I would definitely purchase at least one new one were they to become available.
Later,
Morry

Swingray:
I would definitely get a few of the sensors. I have one that had rain water dripping on it for a good amount of time and it died. I have two others that work just fine. >! 

bkenobi:
If new X10 were to take any of these ideas to heart (hopefully the sensor!), what are the odds it will be completed and released?  I know they've been working on the new WiFi unit for over 2 years and it's still not close to release.  If they took on a product that needs no real improvements, would it take as long?  If the price were reasonable, I'd be all over these sensors!  Of course, if a redesign were needed, perhaps I'd request a slight shrinkage of the package.  Most motion sensors are a little smaller these days, so that might be worth considering.

toasterking:
I have several X10 PR511 and Leviton 6417 modules in my installation and still find them very useful.  I actually just bought another (used) PR511 on eBay a couple of weeks ago.  In my experience, they still work very well.  In the 7 years since I installed them, I had to replace only one Leviton 6417 that was constantly exposed to rain.

I can think of 2 improvements:

* A "polite" transmitter that waits for the line to be clear before transmitting X10 commands (collision avoidance).
* The ability to program settings and store them in flash memory rather than using discrete mechanical switches for every setting, which could no doubt make the case smaller also.
That being said, I would keep buying new ones regardless of whether they get a redesign.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version