Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CM11A Debugging  (Read 6138 times)

prlaba

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: CM11A Debugging
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »

Yes, I'm running 3.318.

I just solved the problem, though not the mystery.

Someone suggested that I try changing AHP's monitored house code, to see if that might fix the problem.  So I went ahead and did that, assigning the monitored house code to an unused code, and at the same time changing the transceived house codes from 'Auto' to 'Specific' and checking only the house codes in use.  After updating my CM11 with those changes, my 'On' macros started transmitting the correct house codes.

I have no idea which of those changes actually solved the problem, nor why changing either of those values would 'fix' this apparent bug.

No matter.  With this problem resolved I can now disconnect my CM11A from my PC and plug it in elsewhere (and also power off my PC when not in use).

I'm reading through the CM11A Protocol document now to better understand how AHP communicates with the CM11A, to see if I spot anything that might explain this very strange bug.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM11A Debugging
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

Since the CM11A has no RF Transmitter or receiver in it. So it could take an X10 RF signal and send it back on the power lines. Like a TM751 or RR501 would do. AHP may not have been totally aware of this fact and maybe had been trying to transceive a command. It may also have not been able to properly process commands on it Monitored House code.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.