Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will AHP Read/Import AH Files?  (Read 2702 times)

BackAgain

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Will AHP Read/Import AH Files?
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

I have a CM11 programmed by the old AH software.  I'm trying the newer AHPro again.  Will it read/import the old file from the CM11?  If not, will it open the old files if I paste them to the new directory?  Or do I have to start from scratch?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Will AHP Read/Import AH Files?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 06:25:52 PM »

AHP can't read or import a file from the CM11A interface or the CM15A interface.
It can read the old AH files from the AH folder.
In the files menu. Open Choice.
There is a file type choice. To read the old AH files pick Active Home.
You will have to go into the AH folder and then pick the file you want to open. I believe they end in .x10
This information is in the Help area of AHP if you need to see more details.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:54:36 PM by Brian H »

BackAgain

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:21:10 PM »

It can read the old AH files from the AH folder.
In the files menu. Open Choice.
There is a file type choice. To read the old AH files pick Active Home.

Yeah, OK, I found that and got the files loaded.

I'm getting further this time than I did a year or so ago when I last tried all this.  AHP will trigger modules, but it's sporadic.  If I trigger P3, P4 responds.  If I turn P2 on, P4 turns off.  Probably my screwed up setup for testing.  I'm using a Win 7 machine with no serial port.  That means using a USB to Serial converter which doesn't always play well with some devices.  Then due to locations at the moment, I needed to use a USB extension cable which might add to the confusion.

I'm done messing with it tonight.  I'll try again tomorrow with the laptop closer to the CM11 and see what happens.

I have a Win 7 desktop with a serial port, but it's in another room where the CM11 was having trouble communicating due to distance.

BackAgain

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:47 AM »

Kicking this around from time to time, installed now on a newer PC with Win7.  Most of the modules work, but I may have to get one of the signal repeaters.

Main question now though relates to the Registration Nag when I open AHP.  Since you can't really register it as susch, how do I get the nag to go away?  Or do I just live with it?

Also, what about the add-ons mentioned?  Are they available, or do I even need them?

One more question.  I can't seem to 'see' the AHP files in Windows Explorer folders.  I was hoping to be able to copy the files to a thumbdrive for backup.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:50:00 AM by BackAgain »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 06:07:20 AM »

Tuicemen's AHP Lifejacket.
Will install AHP and four of the Plug-Ins with out the need for the defunct X10WTI Registration Servers. No Nag Screens and the plug ins work.
Only the plug ins that went through the X10WTI servers will still not work. Like My House Online.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28994.0
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:03:07 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.