Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with AHP Macro - appliance module turning off during middle of program  (Read 2471 times)

mikeythemars

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have a working version of AHP and program and run macros with it.   Most work perfectly, but for some reason one of the macros has an intermittent bug that comes up. 

Specifically, the macro -- which runs a Halloween animatronic routine --is designed to start by turning on an appliance module, which starts the animatronic .   About 15 seconds later, it is programed to turn a universal module on in momentary fashion, which activates the animatonic's audio program.   That happens, but when universal module finishes it's momentary relay closure, the appliance module (which is supposed to continue running) suddenly shuts off.  I've double checked the macro, tried swapping in different appliance and universal modules and changing the codes on them.  But none of that troubleshooting resolved the problem or identified possible reasons for it occurring.

It appears the universal module turning off is somehow adding some sort of signal or interference that is causing the appliance module to turn off, but I can't figure out how and haven't been able to find anything online that discusses the sort of symptom my system is experiencing.  Any thoughts on what could be causing this or other ideas on troubleshooting would be welcome!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

Is the Universal Module powered through the Appliance Modules Output?
Are the Universal Module and Appliance Module powered by the same outlet?
There are cases where strong power line noise can falsely trigger an Appliance Modules output to change. I believe the older ones with Local Control Sensing where more sensitive than the new CFL friendly ones.

mikeythemars

Brian, thanks for responding.  To answer your questions:

• The Universal module is not powered through the output of the appliance module.
  • The modules are powered through the same outlet.

These are older modules and I have read that local sensing control can cause issues.  I will try disabling local control on the appliance module (it is only used for this Halloween application) and see if that fixes the problem.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!

Make sure you AHP recycle bin is empty
AHP has been know to use macros, modules and such found there on occasion. ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

mikeythemars

Thanks and I will see if emptying the bin does fix the issue.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.