Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15Pro Battery Issue  (Read 2275 times)

samwilki

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15Pro Battery Issue
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:41:15 PM »

Hello all,

I've got myself a CM15Pro which has the one space on the front for the 9v battery, the power cable and the USB port, this all works fine with a brand new battery and I can get my items to turn off and on, etc.  I left it on overnight with the mains cable still plugged in and it looks like it has killed my 9v battery overnight, i've checked online and can see that the unit should be able to run without the battery, I took the battery out and just plugged the USB in and the mains, but I am unable to get the device to show up in my device manager, to test that the battery is stopping it showing I plugged in a brand new 9v battery and it immediately showed up, do you guys have any idea as to why it's killing my battery also why can't I run it without a battery.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 05:53:41 PM by samwilki »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
Re: CM15A Battery Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 05:49:32 PM »

The CM15A uses AA batteries.  They are only required to save the time etc during power failures or when moving the device to a different outlet.  If you do not install batteries, the interface itself works fine except timers may not fire at the expected times.

samwilki

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »

The CM15A uses AA batteries.  They are only required to save the time etc during power failures or when moving the device to a different outlet.  If you do not install batteries, the interface itself works fine except timers may not fire at the expected times.

Sorry I have a CM15Pro which has a slot for a 9v battery

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: CM15Pro Battery Issue
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 05:59:35 PM »

The CM15PRO was introduced by Marmitek (later bought by Haibrain).
https://www.marmitek.com/media/nieuwsbrieven/CM15Pro/EN_newsletter_CM15Pro_200803.html
You may not find anyone here who is familiar with it - most here are in the USA.

You might try Haibrain.
http://www.haibrain.com/X10/
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: CM15Pro Battery Issue
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 06:08:14 PM »

It sounds like the AC mains power supply is not working and it is trying to run strictly on the 9 volt battery.

Is there a fuse in the CM15Pro's plug That connectes to the mains?
I vaguely remember some plugs for other parts of the world. Having a fuse inside the mains If so you may want to check it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:22:36 PM by Brian H »

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »

Sorry I have a CM15Pro which has a slot for a 9v battery

I got that, I was just pointing out how the US version works.  I don't have any knowledge of the EU/world version.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.