Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modules not reacting correctly  (Read 3252 times)

JJtech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Modules not reacting correctly
« on: November 06, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »

Made the mistake of going to W10...lost WMC...went back to W7 and reloaded X10 software from downloaded (not my old copy that I had on disk – I thought that I could not use that because it required activation) and used my old ahx file.

Since doing that a couple of things are not working.

1.   The LM15A Socket Rocket on K1 sometimes takes 2 triggers to turn it on.  I can see the IR lead from my Logitech Harmony Smart Control Remote making the Model IR543 always blink twice but at times it won’t turn the light on K1 on.  I can always turn it on from the AHP interface.

2.   Turning off the light on K9 never turns off as instructed in a macro which is the very first command in a whole series of commands.

These two problems did not exist 3 months ago before when I had the original W7 loaded.

Any guesses???

Thanks,

JJ

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Modules not reacting correctly
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:09:11 AM »

I would suggest you look for changes in the home. That are effecting the X10 power line signals.
New electronic device or an existing device moved to a new location.

The IR543 with remote. Should have nothing to do with AHP. It should be an X10 command from the IR543 to the K1 Socket Rocket
Unless it is not directly controlling it and triggering a macro in AHP.

Is the K9 module also a Socket Rocket or another X10 module?
What type of load is being controlled?

If the AHP version is the latest one 3.318. Make sure you picked Lamp Modules that are not Soft Start. From the older Lamp (Before Soft Start) modules tab. As Soft Start modules can be controlled by Extended X10 power line commands. Old ones do not respond to.

Tuicemen has written a program called Life Jacket. That allows you to install AHP on a new computer with out the registration process. As the X10WTI servers are long gone.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0

Jeff has a great set of troubleshooting tutorials. If we think it is a power line issue
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:56:10 PM by Brian H »

JJtech

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »

Thank you Brian, sorry for the delay.

Nothing has changed as far as power signals since I last had AHP running a month or so ago.  It seems like the lamp on the Socket Rocket at times needs to wake up the system.  If it doesn't work on the first "on" command, it always works on the second.

As far as K9 (which is an appliance module with a light on it) I think I fixed it by moving the "set flag" from the second position to the first position followed by the off command for K9 which was in the first positon.  I will be testing that out to make sure that is the fix.  If so, any ideas why that would happen????

Also, WHERE IS THE FLAG COMMAND GONE TO?????  I can no longer find it in when writing a macro!  Can I use Tuicemen's program to reload my old AHP and activate it?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 07:19:36 AM »

Thank you for the added information.

My X10 experience is with hardware.

I don't have much experience with AHP and its inner workings.
So I don't know anything about 'Flags' in macros.

I believe Life Jacket can install your old AHP to a new computer. With all the Plugins you had. With the limits of any plugin using the X10WTI servers for operation will not work. As the X10WTI servers are gone. They got damaged when moved to the Authnix location.

JJtech

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »

So Life Jacket will allow me to "register" my plugins?

Hard to believe that Authnix didn't have backups of the data on the servers.  Maybe they didn't want to continue the service.  One downfall of depending on an external source for any program or service that you are running.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »

So Life Jacket will allow me to "register" my plugins?

Hard to believe that Authnix didn't have backups of the data on the servers.  Maybe they didn't want to continue the service.  One downfall of depending on an external source for any program or service that you are running.

You may want to read the Life Jacket information on Tuicemen's Forum for exactly what it can do. As he is the author of the program.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=806.0

As for the servers. From what I have seen. X10WTI just closed the company. On a Friday night at quitting time.  With NO notice to the employees or the any forum members. Even the helpers here. One night the forums where showing on a Domain holding companies web site. Then transferred to Authinx.

I understand there was maybe a short window of time. To pull the servers. Lets say the movers where more like gorillas. Cut cables and rough movements. AHP was not on one server but parts on each one.
I doubt near the end that X10WTI upper managers even cared if the data was back up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 12:53:37 PM by Brian H »

JJtech

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 01:41:32 PM »

Thanks, I will do that.

Can anyone else tell me why I would have such erratic behavior with AHP or where the "set flags" or conditions went to??

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »

You may want to make sure there are nothing in the deleted trash bin.

JJtech

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

I don't want to empty the trash yet as that is the only way I can regain a "set flags" or "conditions" as of this point since I am not able to select it like I would normally in building a macro.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »

OK on the trash can.
It has been known that items in the trash can cause issues. I don't know if one of them is what you are finding.
Have you verified in the AHP information page. All the plug ins you had are still registered?

JJtech

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 09:28:13 PM »

Hey Brian,

I guess I have been out of the loop for a long time now. 

The information page shows that non of the plugins are registered.

I was under the impression from the X10.com page that I could not install and register my old copy (that was working) of my AHP software.  I thought from reading that I had to download and install "ActiveHome Pro (SW31A)" which did not have to register to be activated.  Is that why I don't have "set flags" and "conditions" anymore? 
If that is the case,

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 06:13:33 AM »

I believe both of those features are in the Smart Macros Plug in.
Life Jacket maybe able to reinstall the old set of AHP files. If you still have them.

You may also want to read this thread here. For some added information.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:16:29 AM by Brian H »

JJtech

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 05:55:29 PM »

Thanks Brian!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.