Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Broadlink Server Down?  (Read 2112 times)

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Broadlink Server Down?
« on: January 29, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »

I was able to disarm my x10 security system this morning after waking up, however, when I left for work, I was getting a Network error from my BroadLink RM-PRO WiFi IR RF Hub.  I tried again a half hour later when I got settled at work and when I go to that remote control button from the main screen I get "This device cannot be remote controlled as you have reset it".  I did not reset the device this morning.  I have the ability to kill the power through the x10 WiFi so I can at least restart the device from work, but that is not helping.  Is this perhaps an issue on their end on not mine?  Unfortunately I cannot see the led's on the device as I am not home to see if it did reset itself.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 11:03:17 AM by arizona480 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Broadlink Server Down?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »

I've never had much luck with the Broadlink apps. I have always used HA-Bridge which you can remote into if you wish for control.
If the sole reason you have the Broadlink is for your X10 Security look at HomeGenie you can arm/disarm with it (from any where)and it has an Android app if you prefer.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:49:35 PM »

My Broadlink failed a couple weeks (or so) ago. It had been relegated to merely operating my Man Cave older TV. I set it aside and planned to look at it again later. This IS.... Home Automation Season.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

arizona480

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »

My Broadlink failed a couple weeks (or so) ago. It had been relegated to merely operating my Man Cave older TV. I set it aside and planned to look at it again later. This IS.... Home Automation Season.

It ended up working in the afternoon, issue must have been on their end.  Did you do a reset on yours yet?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »

It ended up working in the afternoon, issue must have been on their end.  Did you do a reset on yours yet?

No. The Icon/app on my iphone updated and had Chinese writing under it. So I deleted the app and (I think) I also deleted the Amazon "skill" it utilized. But I do hope/plan to get back to it.

I had an Internet-based Camera fail shortly after Christmas. But it returned within a few hours. And I quickly received a nice email explanation too. I think these things will be a "new normal" for a while.

For me. February is peak Home Automation Season. I am currently mulling over how to best exploit the Broadlink device when I bring it back on-line. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.