Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 123411 times)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »

Ok I believe team viewer may be what is your issue. Disable it from auto starting.
Entering a pin shouldn't cause the issue.
If team viewer Auto loads and alex10 auto loads there is no way you can close team viewer before the HA-Bridge auto starts with Alex10

In your start up folder what is in it? All I have is AHP
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »

That is correct. And Alexa can be set up on any PC or smart device as long you know account and password to open on device running Alex 10.

Am back in business. Rebooted PC, closed Team Viewer, unabled windows defender, reinstalled Java 8.2. Restarted Alex 10 as Admin.
opened bridge with it IP:80. All devices were listed. Opened Alexa. Devices were listed but offline. Re-discovered devices. all are listed WITHOUT OFFLINE tag. Restarted firewall, closed browser(Alex 10 still running in background). minimized Alexa. So all is well and running. Bye till next episode. merci à tous, à la procaine,  Au revoir,

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

I'm still at a loss as to why you need to do so many steps ??? but glad it's back working
 >!
It may be that Alexa is starting prior to your PC after a power outage that would explain her not seeing devices immediately after a PC power up. However I believe she continually attempts to locate off line modules as I have turned on another PC with devices loaded and she sees them off line prior to the PC booting but then after a while sees them online.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »

In my startup folder: only Alex 10. Java updater was there but disabled. So now I enabled it. I'll try to disable teamviewer. probably same folder where HA-Bridge is. will see.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2017, 02:10:55 PM »

if you have all start up options selected in Alex10 then An Alex10 shortcut shouldn't be in the start up folder! This would cause your PC to attempt to load both Alex10 and the HA-Bridge twice.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

IPS

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2017, 06:38:49 PM »

if you have all start up options selected in Alex10 then An Alex10 shortcut shouldn't be in the start up folder! This would cause your PC to attempt to load both Alex10 and the HA-Bridge twice.

You are right. Alex 10 was also listed in startup folder. I removed it and now it is ok. don't have to worry about Interviewer either.

Here is some thing else i discovered: Alexa started working but for some strange reason, X10 Commander and ActivePhonePro apps stopped working. In Fact even  AHP PC could not control devices. V572RF32 light was going crazy but phase coupler was  calm. Could not find any thing wrong with AHP PC and CM15 or Alexa PC and CM15, Both CM15 were set to different code.

Decided to unplug Alexa CM15. Alexa stopped but other both apps started working. Solution although OK but not acceptable. So decided to re-plug CM15 but changed the polarity. And that solved all the problems.  So am happily back in business. I think all this was caused because yesterday some where along I had unplugged CM15 and plugged it back without paying any heed to how it was plugged into extension cable as both legs on CM15 are same size. Now that this is behind, and if you like, can be help to do beta testing again.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2017, 07:03:35 PM »

Glad you figured it out! I would never have thought of the polarity thing.  #:)
Just one more thing to beware of when running a multi Cm15a configuration. :o
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

racerfern

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2017, 09:09:49 PM »

@IPS
Wow! I've had lots of issues with my X10 system and I wonder how much reverse polarity might have had to do with it. I wasn't plugged in upside down but I recently checked a number of outlets and I have load and neutral reversed somewhere along the line. It raised havoc with my wifi router and my home theater receiver. I have an electrician coming over to hunt it down.

Although I would think that polarity shouldn't have anything to do with it, since X10 puts polarized plugs on a number of modules but not the CM15A.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:32 AM »

Not sure why X10WTI changed things.
The original CM15A did have a polarized AC input plug.
I have two of them. Date Codes: 04J44 and 04J41 CM15A with that type of AC input plug. Though their firmware was more buggy than an ant farm.

The X10 power line signal in a reversed wired outlet. Would put the signal on the Neutral where it was not expected and may not be received properly by other modules.

Neutral also connected to the safety ground in the breaker box. That may also shunt it to ground.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 06:07:38 AM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »

The X10 power line signal in a reversed wired outlet. Would put the signal on the Neutral where it was not expected and may not be received properly by other modules.

No, in a 2-wire system, the signal is injected between the two wires.  The polarity does not matter.  (Thevenin Equivalent)

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »

Jeff, Thank you for clearing up my error.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »

A new version (1.5.0.8 ) of Alex10 is now on the server.
This fixed the issue some were experiencing with Alex10 and the bridge not seeing devices  when starting with Windows starts.
New Version
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

icidocs

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2017, 02:24:44 AM »

Hi, this new version just keeps crashing "program not responding".
Takes forever for the config screen to come up then  it crashed to "not responding".

The previos version  just a few days a ago worked on my system but the Echo could not find the HA bridge.
The Ha bridge turned the lights off and on, no problem.
Now with this version I can't get that far to even add any modules.

Please help.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:26:54 AM by icidocs »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2017, 07:54:00 AM »

I really need more info.
"program not responding". tells me nothing
It sounds like the HA bridge may have been running when a install was done corrupting your settings.
Go to the  zip up the alex10\data folder and all its contents then email me the zip file.
You can also rename the data folder dataold then make a new data folder and try restarting.
That would start you back to square one.

There are some helpful threads on my forum you may wish to check out.
The fact that Alexa couldn't see the HA-Bridge is a network thing and usually has to do with java not being granted full access.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »

I noticed today BWS Systems released a new version (4.0.3) of the HA-Bridge.
I have downloaded it to test with Alex10 but will included not it in a build until I have a chance to play with it.
So far it works fine with Alex10 however the manual add for devices layout has changed a lot.
I haven't figured out how to add a script with the new interface as yet. :-[
If any one wished to play with the new bridge and Alex10 download it Here  rename it ha-bridge.jar.
If your bridge is running open a browser and stop the bridge the open the Alex10 folder name the ha-bridge.jar file there to ha-bridge(old).jar  and copy the new file to the Alex10 folder.
then click on the new bridge .jar file to start your bridge again.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.