Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 123414 times)

Blumenie

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2017, 03:27:44 AM »

I removed the ":80" from the bridge IP address and Echo discovered all of my devices.   :)% :)% 

Thank you for your assistance.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2017, 09:13:03 AM »

:80 is the standard open port.
If you were including :80 in your IP address then specifying a port that would have been the reason your echo wasn't finding devices.

I've just released a new update of Alex10 (v1.5.3.7) which includes the latest HA-Bridge (v5.0.0).
The full Alex10 installer can be found here: http://tuicemen.com/downloads/alex10-setup.exe
For the list of improvements to Alex10 see: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=1080.msg7352#msg7352
For a list of improvements to the HA-Bridge see: https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/releases/tag/v5.0.0
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:15:50 AM by Tuicemen »
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Blumenie

« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »

I've got the bridge working fine still and my X10 devices respond well.  I have the bridge targets/commands all containing Alex10.exe, which I assume means that Alex10 must remain open.  Since I manually entered those targets in the bridge, can I modify them to work without Alex10.exe?  If not, when I end up having to reboot for some reason, do I then have to reload (execute) Alex10.exe?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »

Alex10 doesn't  need to be running for the bridge to sent X10 even if you had added the devices with Alex10. However devicesrespond quicker.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

geos56us

« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2017, 12:45:25 AM »

Tuicemen, I want to thank you for the great software!  I've been an X10 user for decades now and recently got an Amazon Echo, Dot and Ecobee4 thermostat and wondered how difficult it would be to add voice automation to all my various X10 devices and was excited to discover your Alex10 software.  I just picked up a CM19A from eBay and received it today (I have an ActiveHome CM15A that I use for timers, but it isn't near my computer and is in a strategic location such that all my X10 devices that use timers will respond).  I got everything going tonight.  I noticed that my devices will work with either the PLC or RF setup.  It seems that I would need to use the RF setup since the CM19A is USB to wireless, but maybe I simply don't understand what that setting is for.  A couple of other things I noticed is that whenever I add a device, a popup tells me that the bridge is not running.  But I just add the device and start the bridge each time and it works like a charm.  Finally, I couldn't get Echo to recognize any of the devices --- until I saw in an earlier post saying that if you define a port on the bridge, Alexa won't communicate (Makes sense when you think about it).  Sure enough, I took the port off the IP address and it picked up everything right away!  I was so excited!  Thanks again for all the hard work on this ...

Blumenie

« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »

Thanks again!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2017, 10:05:42 AM »

I designed Alex10 so it didn't have to be running all the time.
The primary purpose of Alex10 was to make adding devices to the bridge an easy setup as many were confused by the HA-Bridge scripts requirements. It didn't make sense to pass to the ahcmd.exe as it has limitations and is even slower though you certainly could use it. I've found many use the Alex10 UI, minimizing it to the system tray makes it easy to get to and keeps your X10 communication as fast as possible with Alexa.

@ geos56us the error your seeing when adding devices was a bug in Alex10. I believe the newest version has fixed that.
The option for RF or PLC is more for the Cm15 as it can send either, but by default sends PLC.
the SDK which Alex10 is built with is smart enough to know which X10 interface your using that's why the cm19 appears to work with either, though some report it works better selecting PLC ::) :'
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2017, 09:01:39 AM »

Antivirus programs are starting to get very restrictive.
Some have started to delete any programs that activate scripts or just stop them from triggering them.
I've had to add exclusions to the Alex10 scripts folder as my Antivirus program was deleting any batch file Alex10 tried to run.
Today I rebooted and Alex10 displayed no devices B:(  I opened the Bridge UI and there were no devices displayed there either. B:(
After several attempts to get my devices back (even loading a backup file failed) I realized my antivirus program was blocking everything in the Alex10 folder and sub folders (not just the scripts folder now).
I had to add the Alex10 folder to the exclusion list of my antivirus.
I've also notice some things AHP activates also no longer work so I suspect I'll need to add exclusions for them as well.  B:(
If Alex10 was working and suddenly stops, it could be your Antivirus program blocking it!
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

merkelck

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

Wow , my first venture into the Alexa era has been a disaster. I suspect most of it is due to the anti virus stuff but before I went any further with my analysis of the problem, I went back to see if my AHP was still working and found that it had decided to let me down. When I tried to open it I got the message telling me that there was a problem with the X10NETS. I checked in the "services" and found that it was indeed stopped. I got is restarted and things seemed to work except that I noted that when I tried to exit AHP, it cautioned me that changes needed to be downloaded first. The problem is that I had not made any changes. I was reluctant to download anything to the CM15A as that part is still working. The X10NETS stops and will not restart automatically now when I restart the AHP. I removed all the ALEX10 stuff but the damage has been done.
My X10 stuff has been running for about twenty five years now and I guess this new toy was just too much for it.
I am going to have to step away from it and take another long look. I am using a registered version of AHP and has been run on XP, Win7, Win8 and now Win10.
Aside from my problems here, I can't say enough for the folks on here with the dedication that they display in keeping this system from dying on the vine. You certainly have my respect.
kentM
When things seem to be going well, you have probably overlooked something.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2017, 08:10:37 AM »

If AHP throws an error on starting about X10nets or anything else the issue is usually the C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\x10active.xml file has gotten corrupt.
To fix this simply delete it and restart AHP. I've had issues with this going back to XP usually after a Windows update.
Thankfully since moving to Win10 I haven't experienced this Yet! ::) :'

If you have AHP in the Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro move the folder to C:\ActiveHome Pro as windows has extra security for programs run from inside C:\Program Files (x86)

It is possible your antivirus is stopping AHP from even loading that file as many see xml files as suspicious and stop other programs from even accessing them. Antivirus programs have started to get very restrictive and it seems each update introduces another restriction.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:25 AM »

I've just released a new update of Alex10 (v1.5.4.0) the full setup includes the latest HA-Bridge (v5.1.0).
The full Alex10 installer can be found here: http://tuicemen.com/downloads/alex10-setup.exe
The update which doesn't include Ha-Bridge can be found here: http://tuicemen.com/downloads/alex10-Update.exe

For the list of improvements to Alex10 see: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=1080.msg6908#msg6908
For a list of improvements to the HA-Bridge see: https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge/releases/tag/v5.1.0
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2017, 02:10:51 AM »

Alex10 V1.5.5 was placed on the server today.
This includes SmartCloud which can act as the main Alexa\Google Home interface or as a backup to for the HA-Bridge.
Options for SmartCloud start/stop can be found in the advanced setup.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2018, 05:27:21 AM »

A new version (1.5.5.2)  is online now which also includes a new SmartCloud version. ;)
Details can be found on my forum.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Doc62

« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2018, 11:27:55 AM »

Hello,
I’ve been running AHP on an XP machine for a number of years and having read about Alex10, want to use this and Alexa to give voice control.
I intend to use a dedicated Windows 7 (64 bit) machine for this, which has all the latest win. updates, followed by Java, AHP and then Alex10. But when Alex10 is started I receive an error window saying:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{….} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)). followed my more.

Click OK and the Alex10 GUI loads. I’ve added a device, which also appears in HA-B. But using Alex10 or HA-B to test the device is unsuccessful.

AHP has been installed in ‘C:|\Program files (x86)’
Alex10 is in ‘C:\Alex10’

I’d appreciate any help, as to my errors

Regards

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:19 PM »

Alex10 was built for Windows 10
I've not tested it with any older OS versions but I suspect your .netframework version may not be up to date.
Which PC interface are you using for X10?
The error you see is a standard error you need to click more so it shows more info that will be most helpful in tracking down the issue
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.