Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 123441 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2018, 09:25:24 AM »

Time to ditch Alex 10......... I bet there is spyware. Also a link on the alex 10 website leads to a questionable site.
Also the response and the attitude by the creator is another reason to ditch this program.

I can almost hear your frustration in your post. We all experience a little of that here. Often times we are attempting the cutting edge of the current technology and with that.... comes trials and errors.

Let me assure you.... Tuicemen is a long standing leader in the Home Automation Community. He is no way produced a spyware product. His software offerings are a heartfelt gift to the Home Automation Community. Tuicemen contributes many, many hours of his own free time and efforts to promote and improve Home Automation.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:39:18 AM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2018, 09:30:07 AM »

I've taken the Alex10 site offline to look at the possibility of spyware.

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

m82a1pa

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »

I had the same issue on my win 7 x64 machine.  All I had to do was exclude the Alex10 directory in Security Essentials.  I use no other antivirus software.  Apparently, whatever Microsoft sees in some coding sequence spills over into their other security products.  Surely they must have a process for submitting a program to find out why they think it's an infection.

Hey Tom - any luck on your forum issues?

foghorn2

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2018, 10:08:41 PM »

So quiet, alex 10 site still down, looks hike he discovered his link to his forum lead to a pop up and a questionable probably malware ridden site.

I also noticed the new alex10 release would put a system icon that would replicate itself and not go away after closing it, behaving much like malware/spyware.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:12:34 PM by foghorn2 »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2018, 03:31:49 AM »

Actually I didn't find a issue but have professionals looking the whole site over which takes a full day.
the Alexa page I took off line as a precaution.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

du6jip

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2018, 12:23:46 AM »

Hi T, After a lot of troubleshooting why Alex10 is not responding even after reinstalling Alex10 and uninstalling Java. I even reinstall the old java version before the update. I was thinking maybe the java update has a glitch. I also deleted all the devices in the app to start fresh. Oh, I was using Echo Show when I was troubleshooting. After setting up everything, I started to search devices in the app. It did not find any, not a single one. Then I remembered earlier that week I unplugged my echo dot that I set up in the basement. I told myself let me power up the echo dot and try again. Yup, after one search in the app, it found 9 devices right away and everything worked. I did not touch or do anything before powering up the echo dot.

Remember last month on your forum (not here) I posted a question why echo show doesnt see Alex10 but echo dot can on the same network. I thought because the two different echo devices have two different accounts. I guess now I know, the culprit is echo show. I think even with two different accounts on the same network it will work.

With regards to Defender, at first it does quarantined Alex10. All I did was allow it and exclude Alex10.exe from being scanned.  until now I dont have problems with the Defender. Everything worked, tomorrow Ill update the Java, there is a notification that there is an update. Ill let you know what happens.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2018, 04:27:31 AM »

I know there have been issues with the Echo Plus and HA-Bridge even the second gen echos had or are having issues with the bridge. I've read issues with the Show but don't remember that was with HA-Bridge or just Alexa in general.
HA-Bridge is in a update beta build right now so maybe that will get fixed.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

foghorn2

« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2018, 03:58:09 PM »

tucimen:

this link at the bottom of the site :  To see how others may be using this see The x10 forums: The x10 forums

on my kindle, the link leads me to page that says my kfiOS blah blah blah has 3 infections and click here to fix
on my pc, it goes to a similar site as well

the last link: xxxx://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=95.0

the boars looks wonky with missing images, somethings seriously wrong!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:13 PM »

The Whole site was scanned and apparently cleaned I removed downloads that users Defender AV reported as bad and uploaded a new file different name which on my windows running defender stated it was ok.
I'm in the process of attempting to migrate to a new plan.
Which I'm told will fix forum issues which right now I doubt.
I just hope I can save the data. All customization to the forum will be lost as I've updated the SMF version to the newest.
try http://tuicemen.net/Alex10/
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

du6jip

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2018, 01:45:09 AM »

Hi T, just did an update on java and the firewall. Everything works great.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2018, 04:34:10 AM »

Glad to hear. ;)
It is a pain having to redo the firewall rules which each Java Update but you should not be running outdated Java.

I suspect the next update for Alex10 will have a new HA-Bridge with Broadlink RM support. :)%
I doubt Alex10 will have it built in for easy configuring as right now it is a pain to setup. B:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:01 AM »

I'm currently helping to debug the next version of the HA-Bridge with the Broadlink RM Pro.
Currently it can see my Broadlink I just have not been able to successfully send a command. B:(
Alex10 & Alexa  see the IR devices created for the Broadlink  :)%
I'm not sure if this will work for X10 or other RF signals yet but I'm hopeful. ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

foghorn2

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2018, 09:56:56 AM »

I see that the Tucimen sire is completely changed with no links, we have submitted your site to the wayback machine. Will be monitored by all! Must have been malware after all.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »

Actually http://tuicemen.com is still up. The link to the forum points to a new host but same forum.
I'm hopeful to get everything ported over including the DNS but that will take time.
The link to the Alex10 section of the forum is:
http://forums.tuicemen.net/index.php?action=collapse;c=13;sa=expand;f90f0188=5158442f99fbd9673ca29730fd212eed#c13

The issue was the old forum was hacked using a security vulnerability.
This allowed redirects to be added to parts of the site ::) :'

Luckily the forum data base was salvageable. However I had to port over to a new more secure hosting plan to repair things.
This has been a slow process as I have to do all this manually.  B:(
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

foghorn2

« Reply #194 on: February 08, 2018, 06:17:46 PM »

Tucimen, your comment:

"if your confident Windows defender is working correctly don't use Alex10."

Well it seems like Windows Defender was the best AV after all. The database linked your malwared site to potential downloads and flagged those on client pc's. Excellent AV indeed. I've deleted all copies of your software.No more worries. and im not seeing strange port scans and x10 devices turning off and on by themselves anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.