Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10Hub (PiX10Hub) is here! Created by the Community, for the Community.:)% #:)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)  (Read 54110 times)

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19
Re: Alex10 (x10 control with Amazon echo, dot or tap)
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2019, 03:52:51 PM »

Royal Philips Electronics Hub" is effectively the Hue Emulator that Alexa identifies and binds to the HA Bridge. I've mentioned on a number of occasions that the Hue Emulator is effectively broken at the moment and many home automation programs are struggling to work with Alexa as a result. Port 80 assignment is one solution but it doesn't work for everyone and results are varied including the ones you have outlined.

The only sure way to have Alexa work reliably with your home automation is to use a solution that includes an officially registered Alexa Skill.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2019, 04:38:13 PM »

The only sure way to have Alexa work reliably with your home automation is to use a solution that includes an officially registered Alexa Skill.
And which skill is that? please send a link. I am using laptop and HA-bridge and not Pi.
Any idea why I was able to control devices from the bridge without having CM15A or any other interface connected to my laptop? It is a mystery to me. The only connection to laptop was battery charger plugged into wall outlet.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 265
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »

It has been a while since using Alex10 however of I remember right uninstalling Alex10 didn't uninstall HA-Bridge. I susspect you have a cm19 or cm15 or cm11 connected to some PC and HA-Bridge is talking to it. In reality Alex10 isnt required to control X10 with Alexa.
Originaly I just used the AHP SDK with HA-Bridge and wrote the scripts.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum

petera

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 19
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »

And which skill is that? please send a link. I am using laptop and HA-bridge and not Pi.
Any idea why I was able to control devices from the bridge without having CM15A or any other interface connected to my laptop? It is a mystery to me. The only connection to laptop was battery charger plugged into wall outlet.

You’ll find all the relevant Alexa lighting skills and their associated hardware/software in the Skills section of the Amazon app. Just do a search there for your options

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2019, 09:55:37 PM »

[t has been a while since using Alex10 however of I remember right uninstalling Alex10 didn't uninstall HA-Bridge. I susspect you have a cm19 or cm15 or cm11 connected to some PC and HA-Bridge is talking to it. In reality Alex10 isnt required to control X10 with Alexa.
Originaly I just used the AHP SDK with HA-Bridge and wrote the scripts
Mr. T
So you mean the bridge on laptop is talking to the AHP PC that has a CM 15 connected to it. I thought laptop must have some interface to talk to other devices.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:08:01 PM by Tuicemen »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 265
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    • Tuicemen Software
« Reply #230 on: October 24, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »

Depending how the bridge is setup! it will talk to any device on your network if you had your setup on your laptop and some how the IP changed the bridge looks for that IP if that IP coresponds with a PC with a copy of programs that were on your laptop then Alexa would still have control.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Find extra info @ My forum
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.