Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Camera Setup  (Read 5103 times)

LST-1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Camera Setup
« on: January 19, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »

I installed AHP 3.318 on my hp laptop computer.  Since I had lost the registrations to my plugins, I downloaded and ran AHP Lifejacket.  My macros run flawlessly.  Just a couple of questions.  When I start AHP, I notice that the camera built into my pc comes on without me doing a thing. I'd like to be able to turn it on/off.  Is that possible?  If not, I can live with it.  My next question is....How do I install  a XX51A camera.  I can't find it in AHP cameras.  IWatchout is registered.  So is Myhouseonlined.  I have a router, CM19A Transceiver and phone cables.  Can someone tell me how to setup this camera?  I appreciate any and all help provided by all that respond.   Thanks in advance.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Camera Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:12:10 AM »

If you have not found the XX51 in the X10 Wiki yet.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XX51A

The wiki the shows XX51 Airsight being two versions. Later model after August 2013 and the Legacy before August 2013 model.
An installation CD and instruction on how to install it. Are linked for both the newer and legacy models. They seem to be different animals.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:17:02 AM by Brian H »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Camera Setup
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 07:42:02 AM »

AHP and the Iwatchout plugin were created prior to the IP camera line X10wti never got support for IP cameras added to the iwatchout plugin.
 The camera plugin is for cameras that use a windows camera driver that's why your laptop camera displays.
In order to view other cameras you need a video capture device
the camera plugin was designed to work with the va11a for windows XP and older machines,
X10wti did come out with a VA12A for newer machines but this had issues which were apparently fixed with the va13 but it never had a big production run and both are hard to find. If you do find one they may not be in working order.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.