🛡Home Security > Home Security General

WD13A Water Level Detector: No periodic transmission

(1/2) > >>

toasterking:
I am trying out an X10 WD13A Water Level Detector.  One of the first things I noticed is that while it does send a signal when water is detected and another when the fault is cleared, it does not retransmit its current status every 60-90 minutes like the DS10A Door/Window Sensor does.  I don't know whether the security console cares as I'm not using one, but personally, I miss that feature.  It concerns me a little that the detection of such an important fault could be completely missed if another transmitter sends RF at the same time and causes a collision.  The alarm on the unit itself also stops after 15 seconds, so there's not much of a backup alert.

Is anyone here aware of a similar X10-compatible device that does retransmit its status periodically?

toasterking:
BTW, in case anyone else wants to use a WD13A in AHP, you'll notice that it isn't a supported module.  I added it as a HP564 Personal Alert Remote (in the Security category) because it sends 2 of the security messages supported by that module.  When creating macros for the device, "PANIC" is the trigger when it detects water and "Disarm" is the trigger when the probes are dry.

This and my DS10A are literally the only X10 devices I have in AHP and I'm only using AHP for these because the SDK (COM interface) doesn't properly relay security RF messages.

This might be good info for the X10 wiki, but alas, I do not have permission to edit.

LAF:
I'm also interested in this module for use with AHP for basement floor leak detection rather than detection of water level in a sub or some-such.  Anyone know what depth of water is required for it to trigger?

dave w:

--- Quote from: LAF on August 25, 2017, 11:39:28 AM ---Anyone know what depth of water is required for it to trigger?

--- End quote ---
Enough to wet the probe tips.

LAF:
OK, thanks.  It looks suitable (assuming it can be made to work with AHP).

What I plan on doing is installing a relay in the well pump circuit (220V) so if water is detected, the relay will cutoff power to the pump and minimize the leakage to only what is in the pressure tank.  I will control the relay with a lamp module because I happen to have a spare one.  I think I'll also put in a timer to switch the relay off at night and, when I'm away from the house (& tie the logic into the same macro that arms/disarms the motion detection stuff).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version