Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The X10 Community wants to know how you use your X10 system!
Share your story in the Automated Home Showcase.

Author Topic: WD13A Water Level Detector: No periodic transmission  (Read 864 times)

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
WD13A Water Level Detector: No periodic transmission
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »

I am trying out an X10 WD13A Water Level Detector.  One of the first things I noticed is that while it does send a signal when water is detected and another when the fault is cleared, it does not retransmit its current status every 60-90 minutes like the DS10A Door/Window Sensor does.  I don't know whether the security console cares as I'm not using one, but personally, I miss that feature.  It concerns me a little that the detection of such an important fault could be completely missed if another transmitter sends RF at the same time and causes a collision.  The alarm on the unit itself also stops after 15 seconds, so there's not much of a backup alert.

Is anyone here aware of a similar X10-compatible device that does retransmit its status periodically?

toasterking

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
  • We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
Re: WD13A Water Level Detector: No periodic transmission
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »

BTW, in case anyone else wants to use a WD13A in AHP, you'll notice that it isn't a supported module.  I added it as a HP564 Personal Alert Remote (in the Security category) because it sends 2 of the security messages supported by that module.  When creating macros for the device, "PANIC" is the trigger when it detects water and "Disarm" is the trigger when the probes are dry.

This and my DS10A are literally the only X10 devices I have in AHP and I'm only using AHP for these because the SDK (COM interface) doesn't properly relay security RF messages.

This might be good info for the X10 wiki, but alas, I do not have permission to edit.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:18:20 PM by toasterking »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.