Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TM13 Transceiver doesn't seem to be working  (Read 2369 times)

timoto

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
TM13 Transceiver doesn't seem to be working
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:35:47 PM »

Hi
AN URGENT REQUEST FOR HELP PLEASE !
Two areas of help - probably taking seconds for someone in the know... :-)  I am reactivating an X10 system which has been unused for a while, plus I've bought some new pieces in order to use them for a party this weekend... And all my lighting plans for the party in 48 hours depend on x10 working !! :-(

Currently, I have ActiveHome Pro v3.316 working on Windows 10 via a CM11 PC Interface. Various X10 modules e.g. AM12 & LM12 seem to work fine while the CM11 is attached to the pc. FYI, I have it all set on House E.

Issue 1:- Unable to get Remote devices working e.g. SH624/I:-  I have a TM13 Transceiver set to the correct house, but does not seem to be responsive. By that I mean the Remote doesn't work, nor does it work as a module itself (tested by having a bulb plugged into it and assuming it works as Unit Code 1 on House E.  So turning it on/off via AHP seems to have no effect.
- I have checked within AHP Hardware Configuration and have tried to ensure that the Monitored House is also E, and Transceived House code has "E" ticked.
- (Interestingly, perhaps relevant?, most times I go back to HW Configuration, the Monitored House keeps defaulting back to House M. Why, I have no idea.... So I keep changing it to E and then Updating the Interface). 
- I have ensured that no other device is also set to Unit Code 1.
- Note: I sense that I am 'close' to getting the TM13 working as:-

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: TM13 Transceiver doesn't seem to be working
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »

The TM13 is a European module.
Is the SH624 from a European source or a US model.
The US Models use an RF frequency of 310MHz.
The TM13 uses the European frequency of 433.92MHz.
So if you have a US remote it will not work with the TM13.

Also the SH624 is a Security type remote. Only the 4 unit buttons will work with the House Code set on the dial.
The security buttons will no nothing.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:52:14 PM by Brian H »

timoto

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

(Strange, system posted this before I was finished....)

Just to add:
 - When I clear history, and check what active pcs units are indicated, without the TM13 plugged in, the Unit 1 is free (i.e. no green square)
 - When I plug the TM13 in clear history and refresh the Tools/Find Other PCS, Unit 1 is now showing as green..... But still, like before, nothing works when using the TM13 as a unit to turn things on/off nor when trying to use a remote via the TM13.

** My intention is to set it all up, update the Interface, then unplug the PC just to rely on the remote via the TM13 (Don't want to leave my pc in a room full of teenagers etc. !) ***

Issue 2:   I have bought several LM15 Screw In Lamp Modules (the kind without the ability to set codes). I have tried going through the pdf instructions very carefully but I just can't get them working.  Given my configuration above, i.e. using AHP via CM11 Interface, how can I set them up i.e. allocate codes so I can start using them. Nothing I have tried so far works.

Many thanks in advance for an urgent reply.... Sorry to add a time-pressure, but all this work and money will have been for nothing if I can't get them working before Saturday.

All the best,

Timoto

timoto

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your quick reply. All the kit is European... and (except for the LM15s which are new) has all worked together before.

Timoto

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 03:56:04 PM »

Instructions for the US LM15A but should be similar to your European ones.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Programming_Your_Socket_Rocket_Without_A_Remote

timoto

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

Thanks for the link Brian, will try it out shortly.

FYI, following what you said above, I have just located another remote, this time a HR10E. Still not working, sadly.... So any further ideas would be much appreciated. 
T

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »

I found the TM13 manual on line.
It indicated that if it is set to House Code "P". It will transceive all the House Codes.
If it is on P does setting the remote to House Code P and using Unit 1 turn it on and off?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.