Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sc12a  (Read 2254 times)

desi77

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Sc12a
« on: April 08, 2017, 03:11:37 PM »

Can someone please help me out?
I have had my system for while no issues, now my neighbours got same system it interferes.
It set alarm off at my house.  Shouldn't each units have its own frequency.
Please help me out

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Sc12a
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

All the SC12A consoles. Use the same X10 power line frequency of 120KHz and RF 310MHz.

Exactly what is happening?
Their system is triggering an alarm on yous? That should not happen as only Security Sensors and Remotes registered to your console should trigger it.

Or is it that their console flashes your security lighting when triggered? If their console is flashing your security lights. Not the alarm sirens and dialing out. Check that you are not both using the same House Code and Unit Codes. The default is A1 and A2 if both of you are using the default address. It maybe possible they are triggering your security lights.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:06:16 PM by Brian H »

desi77

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »

My alarm was set to a1 like you said that's why only Alarm part went off at my home.
Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 04:33:27 PM »

My alarm was set to a1 like you said that's why only Alarm part went off at my home.
Thanks

Alarm Part?
Did you mean the lights on A1 or A2 flashed when the neighbors alarm sounded or the lights when on and off during an arming delay?

desi77

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »

When my neighbors alarm tripped my horn went off due to defeat set ups.  That is fixed after changing light and house code.
But now different question..my Negihor MS18A doesn't trigger his alarm even though we install it on SC12A.  Any suggestions?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

I didn't think of the Powerhorn Sirens.
They are triggers by the flashing of the security lights X10 address. So your neighbor using the same address would trigger any Powehorn Sirens you have.

The MS18 Motion Sensor checks in about every hour with the console and if the console does not receive any check in messages in four hours. It should trigger a Problem Message for the Zone it is registered to. If you are not getting any problem zone messages then it is within range of the console and distance is probably not the issue.
Is the MS18 set to mode 1 {instant} or mode 2 {delayed} triggering?
In mode 2 delayed it takes two motion detection's before it will trigger a violation of the zone.
The MS18 users manual {I don't think it is in the main manual} has a test procedure in it you may want to try it and see what it may show.
http://www.authinx.com/manuals/X10/MS18A.pdf

The X10 Wiki has a whole section on Security Consoles and accessories.
You may find some information there also.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Security

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.