🛡Home Security > Problems and Troubleshooting

Heath Zenith control center. Security console, sort of.

(1/3) > >>

Steevo:
Ok, I am now working on installing an old Heath Zenith control center SSA6100-6.
I can't lay my hands on the instruction sheet for that unit, if anyone happens to have it I would appreciate a copy.

I am going to use it with my magnavox and X10 door switches and the Magnavox PIR.
I had no trouble with the door switches, they installed immediately with the test button.

But the Magnavox PIR is another matter.
That does not install when I press Test. It does have a recessed CODE button.
I tried both with the console. The PIR did install with the Magnavox security alarm, which I have now scrapped out.

I have an X10 door/window sensor and that installed immediately with it's test button. It also has a recessed CODE button like the PIR has. I didn't use the code button on the door switch to install it on the Heath Zenith console.

But the PIR, nothing. I did a walk test and it lights up. Pressing the test button for one second puts that PIR in test mode.

Brian H:
Any FCC ID numbers on the console and accessories?
Maybe starting with B4S?
Manuals where sometimes included in the FCC ID Database at least with X10 and OEM equipment made by X10 for other companies.

Steevo:
FCC ID B4SBR521
Authinx Inc.
Texas
Is that the X10 company?
I don't see the manual there.

It might be a BR521.

Steevo:
The PIR I am working with says
B4SMS10A
It might be an MS10A
I found the manual, but I haven't yet gotten the BR521 to install it. Nothing happens.

Brian H:

--- Quote from: Steevo on April 09, 2017, 02:22:18 PM ---FCC ID B4SBR521
Authinx Inc.
Texas
Is that the X10 company?
I don't see the manual there.

It might be a BR521.

--- End quote ---

Yes that is the name of the new owners of the X10 line. When the old X10WTI went bankrupt.
I looked and unfortunately some of the X10 IDs didn't have any added data like schematics and manuals.
See if this DS7000 Kit looks close. It used a PS561 console.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Protector_Plus_Wireless_Voice_Dialer_Security_System

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version