Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Active Home Pro Problems  (Read 2316 times)

Jtav8tor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Active Home Pro Problems
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:00:27 AM »

We have a fairly large home (4000sqft) and for years seemed to have only minor trouble using Active Home Pro with a CM15 attached to our computer and a XPCR Coupler/Repeater at the breaker panel. Our Office/Computer is quite a distance from the breaker panel and now the XPCR failed and one section of the house does not get any X10 commands and some of those affected units come on and off by themselves. I've read about the XBT-IIR Repeater by JV Digital Engineering and am wondering if replacing our failed XPCR with it would give us stronger signals everywhere. It seems that the ideal way would be to plug the CM15 directly into the XBT-IIR, if I read that correctly, but that is not possible due to the location of our computer being far from the breaker panel.
If anyone has any helpful ideas as to how to best revive our Home automation, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.  Ed

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Active Home Pro Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 09:27:16 AM »

Many users here have the XTB-IIR.
It blasts a much stronger X10 power line signal than the XPCR.
It should make the whole house have a stronger signal.
I have some known unfiltered signal suckers and my XTBM still shows a few volts of signal on the outlet. With my XTB-IIR.
http://jvde.us/xtb-iir.htm

I can't say if the CM15A in the front AC Interface Outlet would have any limitations.
Jeff should have any information on such limitations if any.

You may also want to look at the excellent troubleshooting tutorials for added tips.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:31:59 AM by Brian H »

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »

It seems that the ideal way would be to plug the CM15 directly into the XTB-IIR, if I read that correctly, but that is not possible due to the location of our computer being far from the breaker panel.

There is no need to plug the CM15A directly into the XTB-IIR.  It will pick up commands sent by the CM15A over the powerline just like the XPCR, and repeat them at a much higher level.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Jtav8tor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:35:48 AM »

Thanks Brian and Jeff. I've ordered the XTB-IIR from Jeff. That all sounds great, hopefully it will restore everything once I get it. Seems once you get used to all this automation, you can't live without it.
Thanks again for responding,
Ed

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 02:42:17 PM »

I've read about the XBT-IIR Repeater by JV Digital Engineering and am wondering if replacing our failed XPCR with it would give us stronger signals everywhere.
I'm late to this party, but my answer to your question is:  YES!!!!!!!
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.